PDA

View Full Version : Daily Show talking about Sen. Stevens/ HR4411

Little_Luck
07-13-2006, 01:08 AM
I laughed until it hurt. Anyone who missed it should try and catch the repeat, if they need a good laugh.

Lego05
07-13-2006, 01:46 AM
I just saw this. Funny stuff.

The internet is not a big truck that you just dump a big pile of things on. It's a series of tubes...........

ebranig
07-13-2006, 02:07 AM
ditto

Slim Pickens
07-13-2006, 02:24 AM
Some things became clear to me while watching the segment:

1) I love Tivo more than representative democracy.
2) Regulation of anything on a national level should be managed by a person capable of providing at least a rudimentary description of the medium in question.
3) It's time to start printing my own money. It'll be real soon enough.

DING-DONG YO
07-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Can anyone give a recap for those that haven't seen it?

Also, don't they replay the daily show from the night before at like 6PM EST?

AggieYank
07-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Sounds like his staff conned him with the "it's not late, the internet was just slow I guess". Here's his quote:

"I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o’clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why? Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the internet commercially. […]

"They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It’s not a truck. It’s a series of tubes."

Lawman007
07-13-2006, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like his staff conned him with the "it's not late, the internet was just slow I guess". Here's his quote:

"I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o’clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why? Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the internet commercially. […]

"They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the internet. And again, the internet is not something you just dump something on. It’s not a truck. It’s a series of tubes."

[/ QUOTE ]

What's scary is that this is the type of moron who's running our country.

luvrhino
07-13-2006, 12:27 PM
The Daily Show clip is now available on the Comedy Central Website:

http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/index.jhtml?ml_video=71653

Gregatron
07-13-2006, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love Tivo more than representative democracy

[/ QUOTE ]
It's early, but I suspect this is the single most awesome thing I will read all day.

mattnxtc
07-13-2006, 12:46 PM
basically daily show is unreal fun...best line...

"when the tubes get clocked by all these poker chips...u can just slide a lottery ball down them to clear it out" haha love taht show

TruePoker CEO
07-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Try this link:

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/videos/headlines/index.jhtml

cbloom
07-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Ted Stevens is an absolutely crooked idiotic old coot. And he's one of the most powerful people in the Senate. WTG America.

Anders
07-13-2006, 06:04 PM
ahahaha, Jon Stewart is outstanding.

mpslg
07-13-2006, 07:09 PM
"You can masturbate at the roulette table."

Classic.

ntd88888
07-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Here's another link, for people who use Youtube. Hilaroius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DClkE64nFDY

TruePoker CEO
07-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Why not tell us how you really feel .... The point is, he's one of the most powerful people in the Senate, but it is VERY cold in Alaska in the winter ... bet there are a few online poker players there ....

Truepoker CEO

TruePoker CEO
07-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Not in Nevada ..... The Hard Rock Hotel was heavily fined for just such activity on in the public areas. ... or, so I read.

smoove
07-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Who was asking about polls the other day? Berge? Well, remember the one about folks getting their news from Jon Stewart (http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/02/apontv.stewarts.stature.ap/)? Thank you, Jon, thank you.

Mr.K
07-14-2006, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who was asking about polls the other day? Berge? Well, remember the one about folks getting their news from Jon Stewart (http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/02/apontv.stewarts.stature.ap/)? Thank you, Jon, thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

that article is from 2004. Not sure if Daily Show's numbers are up or down since then. They've lost some key staff (Colbert) and have also been diluted in their own humor news market (Colbert). I love the show, and I wouldn't be surprised to see its audience larger than in 04, but I don't think one can assume this.

wezvidz
07-14-2006, 02:15 AM
Yeah. For years I was ALL about the Daily Show.. when Colbert and Carrell were regulars, the show was gold. I don't even watch it now and only watch Colbert. Wouldn't suprise me if the Daily Show's numbers are stagnating.

Ignignokt
07-14-2006, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if Daily Show's numbers are up or down since then. They've lost some key staff (Colbert) and have also been diluted in their own humor news market (Colbert).

[/ QUOTE ]

Colbert most likely helps the Daily Show's second quarter-hour by retaining more viewers than any other program Comedy Central has ever run at 11:30.

Russ M.
07-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Bump for the rebuttal:

In an apparent effort to restore his credibility as chairman of the powerful Senate Commerce Committee, Alaska Senator Ted Stevens has said he might appear on The Daily Show, where host Jon Stewart has unmercifully mocked his recent remarks about the Internet. Last month Stevens said that he had "received an Internet from my staff" that had been delayed nearly a day. He added: "The Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's, it's a series of tubes." Reuters said today (Friday) that Stevens is defending his remarks. "I have a letter from a big scientist who said I was absolutely right in using the word 'tubes,'" he told reporters. Asked whether he would be willing to go on Stewart's show, Stevens said, "I'd consider it."

http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/shermanklump.gif

meleader2
07-31-2006, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bump for the rebuttal:

In an apparent effort to restore his credibility as chairman of the powerful Senate Commerce Committee, Alaska Senator Ted Stevens has said he might appear on The Daily Show, where host Jon Stewart has unmercifully mocked his recent remarks about the Internet. Last month Stevens said that he had "received an Internet from my staff" that had been delayed nearly a day. He added: "The Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's, it's a series of tubes." Reuters said today (Friday) that Stevens is defending his remarks. "I have a letter from a big scientist who said I was absolutely right in using the word 'tubes,'" he told reporters. Asked whether he would be willing to go on Stewart's show, Stevens said, "I'd consider it."

http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/shermanklump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

dear god. he'd either be torn to shreds, or stewart will have to play nice. i think he'll have to play nice but he'll jest him.