PDA

View Full Version : Is This Standard Flop Bet ?

toss
01-01-2006, 02:16 AM
Villains all have low to showdown rate and are loose preflop. Except the guy in late position or SB. He is unknown to me.

UTG+1 is 36/5/1 wtsd 20ish over a 40 hands, MP1 is 30/6/1.3 wtsd 20ish over 67 hands, Hero is 9inches/j00.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, SB folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Edited to appease Toss. That ghey bastard.
Final Pot: 4 BB

toss
01-01-2006, 02:18 AM
Standard.

toss
01-01-2006, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

toss
01-01-2006, 02:28 AM
First of all you need to give us some damn stats. Over how many hands are these? How low a showdown rate? How loose?

Preflop check is standard.

If we're talking about 15 wtsd rate over 1500 hands for all three players then okay bet away, but if were talking 29 wtsd over 6 hands then this is spewage. Come on Toss you know better than that. The thing I might like about the bet though is that SB completed preflop and checked the flop probably meaning that he doesn't have a hand at all. Another thing I like about it is that this is the type pf board to miss everyone. No one raised preflop so no one probably has an ace. A deuce is the least likely hand to be played preflop too so the chances of this board missing everyone is high. Then again some people like to limp preflop with Ax so that might be trouble for you. That reminds me post their PFR stats too. Maybe if it were three way instead then I would like it more.

But we also have to take into account how often they'll peel this board without a draw or anything. Then we have to either give up the pot or invest a big bet in a very small pot in what could be spewage. Tough spot. The way it happened you check/folded. Well I like that. We also have to worry about smallish pocket pairs calling the flop too. If they're peeling the flop they'll go to showdown. So its either hit or miss for you when you bet the flop.

Fryguy
01-01-2006, 02:47 AM
Um why are we betting a 4-outer here?

Check/fold this flop.

toss
01-01-2006, 03:12 AM
Don't you think I have some decent fold equity on this flop?

bambi
01-01-2006, 03:57 AM
best thread ever, bet turn and river, check raise if u hit

CaseS87
01-01-2006, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
best thread ever, bet turn and river, check raise if u hit

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the turn and river is over doing it.

I personally don't like the flop bet... Their WTSD numbers are pretty much meaningless because its such a small sample size. And they seem to be bad enough players to play A-rag.

Azhrarn
01-01-2006, 04:23 AM
Are you drunk? Or rather, how drunk are you? Probably as drunk as I am, because I'm finding this thread pretty funny.

Anyway, actual poker content, I like the flop bet. It's g00t, for the reasons you outlined in your other post. Turn check/fold's probably the right move, looking at his sorta kinda reasonable stats, although if I had a read that he liked to peel on the flop, I would of course bet this mutha on the turn.

In summary: This hand is golden, baby.

01-01-2006, 10:05 AM
It seems some people have yet to read HEFAP for example, and i'm not talking about you Toss. This is not a semi-bluff or value bet or whatever people think, but its a pure bluff based on the high folding equity we should have in this spot. It is very hard for anyone without an Ace to call here. (Or deuce of course)

Against two opponents i think this bet is standard, but in this spot against three people it leans toward c/f. I often make this type of flop bet and it is very profitable, but all the factors have to be right for it to be +EV, and i think this is really slim 4-handed.

It's good you noted the SD rate since this is an important number for this decision, along with "Fold to flop bet".

EDIT: I see that we have a gutshot which makes this a semi-bluff and not a pure bluff. I don't think it changes much though. It's a bit closer to a bet, but it still have to be very slim EV i think.

Nick Royale
01-01-2006, 11:31 AM
I like it.