PDA

View Full Version : Would a petition do any good?

MEbenhoe
07-12-2006, 04:27 PM
There are plenty of us here. And how easy would it be for each of us to get 100 signatures? like nothing. 1000? would take a bit of effort but could be done. Now what if we pool all of that together into one large uniform nationwide petition? Those of you who know a little more about the Washington inside, would this do any good?

If it would, I say lets organize one. I'd be willing to head the organization of such a thing.

Gregg777
07-12-2006, 04:35 PM
It'd be worthless, but if you would feel better doing it, do a search for the PPA (poker alliance scam something or other).

cowboy.up
07-12-2006, 04:38 PM
It'd sure be nice if I was at school - could round up a couple thousand signatures, no problem.

Logistics question though - if this is going to pass they have to vote on it by the end of August (from what I understand if there's no vote before August the bill kinda gets thrown into limbo for eternity)? If this is true we best get a move on...I second the petition.

Although I have never found petitions helpful in getting anything done.

Lawman007
07-12-2006, 04:46 PM
No. Write your senators. That is the only thing that has the potential to do any good at this point.

MEbenhoe
07-12-2006, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No. Write your senators. That is the only thing that has the potential to do any good at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am writing my senators, I was just wondering if all those petitions always going around actually did any good.

MEbenhoe
07-12-2006, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do a search for the PPA (poker alliance scam something or other).

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, the PPA has been completely worthless in this so far.