PDA

View Full Version : Americans in the industry?

Tigermoth
07-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Hi all,

I'm a regular lurker here, so please do not discredit me for my post count.

I'm an American who works overseas for an iGaming company. Naturally, I'm a bit concerned over this whole thing, but I also have an additional worry over what will happen if I have to come back to the States with two years of suddenly-illegal experience on my CV. If the industry tanks because players are unable to use Neteller, etc., I'm left without a job and with experience that might equate to international drug smuggling, despite working as a manager in an office of a legitimate company.

Any thoughts on this? Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance for any serious responses.

disjunction
07-12-2006, 08:13 AM
I don't think this changes anything for you. Maybe one or two people will be turned off by your resume, but that would happen as it is. New legistlation does not create instant social stigma. Maybe in 20 years you'll be screwed.

ProsperousOne
07-12-2006, 09:32 AM
You probably should put "Managed IT Department for Illegal Overseas Gambling Operation" as the description of your current job in your CV.

Just list your duties, etc. you could probably even list the name of hte company, parent company, that most wouldn't even recogize as the business unit associated with an online gaming site.

BTW, you hiring ? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tigermoth
07-12-2006, 09:39 AM
We're not hiring, but it's pretty easy to get a job in the industry. Not enough capable people, and it's still growing rapidly. PM me if you want details.

Ignignokt
07-12-2006, 12:53 PM
It's not "illegal experience" any more than a Californian would get fined for smoking in a bar in Alabama. The cops in Boston won't come to your home and arrest you if you're seen dealing NL at Foxwoods. Etc. Etc.

Your work is completely within the laws of the country you work in.

Drug smuggling is illegal everywhere.

Get a grip.