PDA

View Full Version : Using radio

livinitup0
07-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Has anyone thought of mass emailing their local and national radio stations with this information? Even if it was just a 10 second blip from a few of the larger radio stations it would at least bring this subject to light for a small percentage of the american public. 90% of the public at least in my area doesnt even know about this. Heck most of the fish probably dont even know about this either!! They have voices too!!

Maybe if we spread the word around in the next few days it may do some good.

Im emailing Mancow, Bob and Tom, Howard Stern and all my local stations to see if they will at least mention this on tomorrow's shows.

Luckily my congressman voted against it so my local stations shouldnt have an issue airing it.

I have a friend at our local TV station as well that I might be able to call in a favor with. It would be pretty cool to get on the local news to help fight this.
My 15 minutes.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bilgefisher
07-12-2006, 01:05 AM
There was alot of discussion on this topic around 6pm on 850 KOA in Denver. Most callers either had no idea the kind of market that online poker industry has become or why the house would pass a bill that infinges on their rights. Heck Dave Logan had no idea people actually made a living from online gambling. One college student called in to inform Dave thats how he payed his rent.

At least some light has come to this subject.

livinitup0
07-12-2006, 01:08 AM
Ive sent a dozen emails tonight. Maybe it will do some good. I guess its better than doing nothing. I will try to follow up with phone calls tomorrow.

Sponger.
07-12-2006, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There was alot of discussion on this topic around 6pm on 850 KOA in Denver. Most callers either had no idea the kind of market that online poker industry has become or why the house would pass a bill that infinges on their rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few weeks ago on a morning radio show that I can't remember the name or station of the hosts briefly talked about online poker legislation and even though none of them even played poker they laughed at them taking away our freedoms. Pretty cool.