PDA

View Full Version : Sample Letter to your Representative

mdsmith
07-11-2006, 10:48 PM
11 July 2006

Dear Congressman,

I am writing in support of your recent vote on HR 4411 that seeks to make online poker illegal. It takes a person of conviction to protect those people that refuse to protect themselves. This is a perfect time to strike at the heart of the ills of society that take such a toll on the lives of American citizens. The precedent has been set. It is now time to move forward and protect people from poor decisions that could lead to the dissolution of families, financial ruin and possible loss of well-being or ultimately life. The ideas I have are too numerous to count, but I would like to give you a sampling of ideas that I have that are bear resemblance to the above mentioned legislation.

I would first like to address issues that lead to potential ruin and untimely death secondary to poor lifestyle choices. Some of these ideas will be unpopular, but the lives and public monies saved will be reward enough when these acts pass.

1. The Tobacco Prohibition Act - This is absolutely a must. According to the CDC, data compiled places the death toll from tobacco products at 430,000 per year. More than any other single factor. If tobacco was illegal, most if not all of these people would have lived on and been productive, happy Americans.

2. The Alcohol Prohibition Act - I realize that this has been attempted in the past, but it is time to address this social cancer again. The annual death toll from alcohol was 81,000 in the same compilation of data. This is merely the tip of the iceberg with alcohol. The toll that it takes on American families is devastating. The lost wages caused by delinquency from work and the increased divorce rate among alcoholics are just two examples. Studies have even demonstrated that the children of alcoholic parents are more likely to divorce future spouses. In a word, devastating.

3. The Motor Vehicle Prohibition Act - While somewhat different than the other bills, in that it limits our mobility. This one deserves serious consideration. Forty-one thousand Americans die in automobile accidents each year. If we used bikes, scooters and public transportation this would be a non-issue. Of course, this would exclude the shipping of goods and emergency transportation (ambulances, fire trucks, etc). The ancillary benefits would also be tremendous. For example, American dependence on foreign oil would be basically eliminated. Pollution in overcrowded areas would be non-existent, and, of course, the health benefits from the increased exercise would likely have an impact on overall longevity of the American public. Benefits that simply cannot be ignored.

4. The Promiscuous Sex Prohibition Act - It has recently been proven, beyond doubt, that cervical cancer is caused by promiscuous sexual activity. This immoral activity leads to the spread of a sexually transmitted disease called Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). Cervical cancer effects 10,000 women in the United States annually, not to mention 500,000 women worldwide. The criminal prosecution of citizens that engage in indiscriminate sexual behavior surely wouldn’t eliminate the activity, but it could curb the toll that this disease takes on the public. Public health savings if this initiative was successful would stem from the elimination of the need for screening female exams (pap smears) for cervical cancer. Again, additional benefits also support the enactment of this type of legislation. Marital infidelity is a leading cause of marital discord and, often, divorce.

As my examples illustrate, we as Americans have a duty to protect one another. We can no longer sit idly by and let these glaring problems grow while ignoring obvious solutions.

Best Regards,

Gregg777
07-11-2006, 11:24 PM
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3214/trollconversionado19cb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jupiterpig
07-11-2006, 11:33 PM
HAHAHAHA

livinitup0
07-12-2006, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
11 July 2006

Dear Congressman,

I am writing in support of your recent vote on HR 4411 that seeks to make online poker illegal. It takes a person of conviction to protect those people that refuse to protect themselves. This is a perfect time to strike at the heart of the ills of society that take such a toll on the lives of American citizens. The precedent has been set. It is now time to move forward and protect people from poor decisions that could lead to the dissolution of families, financial ruin and possible loss of well-being or ultimately life. The ideas I have are too numerous to count, but I would like to give you a sampling of ideas that I have that are bear resemblance to the above mentioned legislation.

I would first like to address issues that lead to potential ruin and untimely death secondary to poor lifestyle choices. Some of these ideas will be unpopular, but the lives and public monies saved will be reward enough when these acts pass.

1. The Tobacco Prohibition Act - This is absolutely a must. According to the CDC, data compiled places the death toll from tobacco products at 430,000 per year. More than any other single factor. If tobacco was illegal, most if not all of these people would have lived on and been productive, happy Americans.

2. The Alcohol Prohibition Act - I realize that this has been attempted in the past, but it is time to address this social cancer again. The annual death toll from alcohol was 81,000 in the same compilation of data. This is merely the tip of the iceberg with alcohol. The toll that it takes on American families is devastating. The lost wages caused by delinquency from work and the increased divorce rate among alcoholics are just two examples. Studies have even demonstrated that the children of alcoholic parents are more likely to divorce future spouses. In a word, devastating.

3. The Motor Vehicle Prohibition Act - While somewhat different than the other bills, in that it limits our mobility. This one deserves serious consideration. Forty-one thousand Americans die in automobile accidents each year. If we used bikes, scooters and public transportation this would be a non-issue. Of course, this would exclude the shipping of goods and emergency transportation (ambulances, fire trucks, etc). The ancillary benefits would also be tremendous. For example, American dependence on foreign oil would be basically eliminated. Pollution in overcrowded areas would be non-existent, and, of course, the health benefits from the increased exercise would likely have an impact on overall longevity of the American public. Benefits that simply cannot be ignored.

4. The Promiscuous Sex Prohibition Act - It has recently been proven, beyond doubt, that cervical cancer is caused by promiscuous sexual activity. This immoral activity leads to the spread of a sexually transmitted disease called Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). Cervical cancer effects 10,000 women in the United States annually, not to mention 500,000 women worldwide. The criminal prosecution of citizens that engage in indiscriminate sexual behavior surely wouldn’t eliminate the activity, but it could curb the toll that this disease takes on the public. Public health savings if this initiative was successful would stem from the elimination of the need for screening female exams (pap smears) for cervical cancer. Again, additional benefits also support the enactment of this type of legislation. Marital infidelity is a leading cause of marital discord and, often, divorce.

As my examples illustrate, we as Americans have a duty to protect one another. We can no longer sit idly by and let these glaring problems grow while ignoring obvious solutions.

Best Regards,

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have laughed at this...a week ago.
Someone lock this please.