PDA

View Full Version : How many really know?

Bilgefisher
07-11-2006, 01:58 PM
How many people that play online have any idea that this legislation is in the works? I think the vast majority of casual players rarely if ever visit a forum. It really hasn't been a newspaper frontpage topic either.

So, wouldn't it benefit us to start spreading the word at the poker tables? Seems to me that is the quickest way to gather some support. Go to where the people are. Thoughts?

QuickLearner
07-11-2006, 04:38 PM
It would very much surprise me if the poker sites don't start aggressively publicizing this, both at the poker sites and through advertising.

d240t
07-11-2006, 05:04 PM
The media is talking about this. Remember...that's the exact point of the legislation, for the supporters to get media response and try and turn that into voters from "sky is falling" types.

va1halla
07-11-2006, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many people that play online have any idea that this legislation is in the works? I think the vast majority of casual players rarely if ever visit a forum. It really hasn't been a newspaper frontpage topic either.

So, wouldn't it benefit us to start spreading the word at the poker tables? Seems to me that is the quickest way to gather some support. Go to where the people are. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been telling people on tables for some time, they mostly just laughed and said they can't do that, lol.
People are so naive in the U.S.

Bilgefisher
07-11-2006, 06:33 PM
I still say it makes sense for folks to bring this topic up every session they play. Just makes sense to get the word out to the average unaware player.

rohjoh
07-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Article in the LA Times today, about this today.

ARTICLE (http://www.latimes.com/technology/la-na-gamble11jul11,1,6659408.story?ctrack=1&cset=true)

lerxst337
07-11-2006, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been telling people on tables for some time, they mostly just laughed and said they can't do that, lol.
People are so naive in the U.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, yeah, it's an American thing. Turns out the people at the WTO don't think the American Congress can do that either. Non-Americans are so naive.

chicagoY
07-11-2006, 09:07 PM
They keep doing these mindless exposes on "my life was ruined by online poker" like the one in the NYT a few weeks back.