PDA

View Full Version : I would like to offer my sincere apologies to Hollywood Poker.

Que2
07-10-2006, 05:10 PM
As stated in the title, I would like to offer my sincere apologies to Hollywood Poker for my previous post about them.

As some of the posters stated, it was obviously my obligation to look up the information myself and not just rely on a customer service representative. I had the opportunity to speak with Julie about my issue. The following is the email I received from her this morning.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for your patience while I followed up on your post at 2+2. As a platinum level player at our site, you are entitled to exchange 5000 points for $25 cash and then once again after you achieve titanium level status. I understand that you were told that you would earn $25 cash once you reached each of these levels. Please accept my apologies for the misinformation that was provided to you by our customer support staff via live chat. As a token of our appreciation for your loyalty to our site, I am depositing $25 cash into your account for our error.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you very much for playing at Hollywood Poker and I wish you success at our tables.

Warm Regards,

Julie
Player Manager
http://www.hollywoodpoker.com
Where the *stars* come to play

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a huge surprise to me after posting what I did on the 2+2 forums. Not only did they compensate me, but they did so even after I negatively attacked there site. For this I feel ashamed for posting what I did on these forums. It is rare that a business take care of there customers in this manner, let alone one in an unregulated industry such as online gambling.

Please keep this bumped up for the next couple days. If a moderator would be so kind as to delete my previous post, I would be very grateful. Again, My apologies to the Hollywood Poker team.

Que

Blowup Doll
07-10-2006, 05:16 PM
HW is awesome. Too bad their software right now sucks so bad i can't finish up my bonus.

Btw, i want the $25 too! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SoloAJ
07-10-2006, 05:27 PM
What are the HW software issues I keep hearing about? I am playing on them and not noticing anything wrong...

D-FENS
07-10-2006, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are the HW software issues I keep hearing about? I am playing on them and not noticing anything wrong...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's that whole issue where the tables turn all black if you open a web browser, but isn't that a problem across all pokerroom skins?

I agree though, the customer service at Hollywood is awesome.

Que2
07-10-2006, 05:33 PM
I would like to offer some math on the Hollywood Poker bonus’s to those who may not know.

You get .07 points for every $0.10 of rake. For the 7x bonus, you need to clear 350 points for every $50.00 bonus dollars to clear.

350 Points / .07 Points = 5000 hands raked @ $0.10
5000 hands raked @ $0.10 = $500.00
$500.00 / 10 handed full ring = $50.00 each person contributed.
$50.00 gained / $50.00 contributed = 100% rake back

You get .07 points for every $0.10 of rake. For the 5x bonus, you need to clear 250 points for every $50.00 bonus dollars to clear.

250 Points / .07 Points = 3571 hands raked @ $0.10
3571 hands raked @ $0.10 = $357.10
$357.10 / 10 handed full ring = $35.71 each person contributed.
$50.00 gained / $35.71 contributed = 140% rake back

car ramrod
07-10-2006, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too bad their software right now sucks so bad i can't finish up my bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

this has been my problem, not sure if I can play there. Sorry if I don't finish the bonus (since you referred me)

Blowup Doll
07-10-2006, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this has been my problem, not sure if I can play there. Sorry if I don't finish the bonus (since you referred me)

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

However, Julie has promised to make amends by potentially adding another bonus if we can't clear in time, so you should email her about it.

She also told me that the patch today was supposed to fix the lags.

boondoggle
07-10-2006, 08:11 PM
all this does is reinforce idiots like you that whining works. I would not have paid you.

cheers
Boon

SoloAJ
07-10-2006, 09:13 PM
I haven't had problems with the table turning black and all that. But the most I've ran is 2 tables at once....

I have noticed that twice in about 4 hours of play that a hand will come up where instead of $1/$2 blinds (playing 2/4) it just says $3 in the middle of the pot..and then if someone calls it shows their $2 in front of them like normal...

But overall it hasn't made it unplayable for me...Now I just need to get this RAF bonus done so I can get my kickback from my referrer.

Que2
07-10-2006, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all this does is reinforce idiots like you that whining works. I would not have paid you.

cheers
Boon

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, people like you piss me off more then anything. I had a legitimate gripe with the company. If you were to go to a store, lets call said store “Gumpworld”, and ask the salesman how much an item cost, you would expect the right answer. Now, say they told you said item was $100, then you get to the register, and the guy tells you “Opps, it’s actually $150.” You would be pissed off.

Secondly, for a lot of people that play poker, it is there most expensive bill that they pay. There are many, many people here who pay these companies $3000+ a month in rake. This is a fee you are paying to them; there is no bill in my life, including my mortgage, that is $3000+.

So before you call someone a whiner or an idiot, maybe you should check out “Gumpworld”. I here there always looking for someone like you to screw over.

steamboatin
07-10-2006, 10:16 PM
I cashed out with quite a bit of bonus left to clear. The software kept messing up and everytime they "updated" their software, the player points got worth less and less.

I was running good and winning but I didn't like them taking value away from me with no warning or explanation. If you caught them, they would say "Oh, we are sorry but that is how it is now." or something stupid like that.

Now everytime they email me about a reload bonus or something, I reply and tell them they suck and I don't play there anymore.

I thik it is funny, they saed some money by devaluing the Player Points but lost someone that plays two or four hours a day, every day. I think that I am not the only one that left and I have no intention of returning.

Wilco666
07-10-2006, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As stated in the title, I would like to offer my sincere apologies to Hollywood Poker for my previous post about them.

As some of the posters stated, it was obviously my obligation to look up the information myself and not just rely on a customer service representative. I had the opportunity to speak with Julie about my issue. The following is the email I received from her this morning.

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for your patience while I followed up on your post at 2+2. As a platinum level player at our site, you are entitled to exchange 5000 points for $25 cash and then once again after you achieve titanium level status. I understand that you were told that you would earn $25 cash once you reached each of these levels. Please accept my apologies for the misinformation that was provided to you by our customer support staff via live chat. As a token of our appreciation for your loyalty to our site, I am depositing $25 cash into your account for our error.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you very much for playing at Hollywood Poker and I wish you success at our tables.

Warm Regards,

Julie
Player Manager
http://www.hollywoodpoker.com
Where the *stars* come to play

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a huge surprise to me after posting what I did on the 2+2 forums. Not only did they compensate me, but they did so even after I negatively attacked there site. For this I feel ashamed for posting what I did on these forums. It is rare that a business take care of there customers in this manner, let alone one in an unregulated industry such as online gambling.

Please keep this bumped up for the next couple days. If a moderator would be so kind as to delete my previous post, I would be very grateful. Again, My apologies to the Hollywood Poker team.

Que

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you apologize? They f'ed up in the first place. What they did to compensate was no more than standard.

Guess we are all adapting too much to the ultra-low level of customer service we get on average from gambling sites.

terrellk11
07-10-2006, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

cheers
Boon

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, people like you piss me off more then anything. I had a legitimate gripe with the company. If you were to go to a store, lets call said store “Gumpworld”, and ask the salesman how much an item cost, you would expect the right answer. Now, say they told you said item was $100, then you get to the register, and the guy tells you “Opps, it’s actually $150.” You would be pissed off.

Secondly, for a lot of people that play poker, it is there most expensive bill that they pay. There are many, many people here who pay these companies $3000+ a month in rake. This is a fee you are paying to them; there is no bill in my life, including my mortgage, that is $3000+.

So before you call someone a whiner or an idiot, maybe you should check out “Gumpworld”. I here there always looking for someone like you to screw over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as you pointed out above that the bonus you have for Hollywood actually pays you back 140% of your rake, your argument loses a little bit of its strength.

kidpokeher
07-11-2006, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. James Woods is still coming over to kick your ass. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Que2
07-11-2006, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

cheers
Boon

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as you pointed out above that the bonus you have for Hollywood actually pays you back 140% of your rake, your argument loses a little bit of its strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as you do not know how to read, I never stated I have either of those bonus's. I do have a bonus, but neither of those.

boondoggle
07-11-2006, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you were to go to a store, lets call said store “Gumpworld”, and ask the salesman how much an item cost, you would expect the right answer. Now, say they told you said item was $100, then you get to the register, and the guy tells you “Opps, it’s actually $150.” You would be pissed off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no I wouldn't. One, I am a bit more mature than your average baboon. Second, people make mistakes. Stuff happens.

So someone makes a mistake and the first response is to get pissed? Hmm..real mature and smart. You will go far.

[ QUOTE ]
here are many, many people here who pay these companies $3000+ a month in rake. This is a fee you are paying to them; there is no bill in my life, including my mortgage, that is $3000+.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because people pay a lot in rake...you are entitled to whine/steal from a company?

You are a whiner, immature brat and I would have told you a polite NO.

cheers
Boon

lumpy19
07-11-2006, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing here. I'd like to give them my business but the software is so awful right now that I can't stand to play it. I have $1k+ in bonuses I wanted to play there but it's just not worth it with this software problem.

jdog1999
07-11-2006, 09:11 AM
To OP:
I think you gave Hollywood poker a fair shake, you could have chosen not to say anything when they fixed the problem. But instead you chose to come back and post the resolution to the issue. This is fair to Hollywood and to you.

Good Job

Blowup Doll
07-11-2006, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To OP:
I think you gave Hollywood poker a fair shake, you could have chosen not to say anything when they fixed the problem. But instead you chose to come back and post the resolution to the issue. This is fair to Hollywood and to you.

Good Job

[/ QUOTE ]