PDA

View Full Version : Bodog Madness.

faithdrool
01-19-2006, 03:06 AM
Under entertainment-> political props:

In President George W Bush's 2006 State of the Union address, how many times will the President say the words: Space Terrorism?

0 times ........... 2/5.

Free money, IMO.

Other props to consider:

Will the US Patriot Act be renewed by February 3rd , 2006 ?

- I dunno much about politics or US Patriot act but, people I have talked to told me to lay -120 and bet on NO. Any opinions?

In President George W Bush's 2006 State of the Union address, how many times will the President say the word: Nuclear?
- Leaning toward 0-5 times at 3/1 odd and 6-10 times at 3/2.

How many Standing Ovations will President W. Bush receive during his State of the Union Address?
0-15 at 3/2. More than 15 standing ovations? Is this normal?

Speedy comments appreciated as I am hoping to jump on these props before Bodog modifies them!

BobJoeJim
01-19-2006, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

In President George W Bush's 2006 State of the Union address, how many times will the President say the words: Space Terrorism?

0 times ........... 2/5.

Free money, IMO.

Other props to consider:

- I dunno much about politics or US Patriot act but, people I have talked to told me to lay -120 and bet on NO. Any opinions?

In President George W Bush's 2006 State of the Union address, how many times will the President say the word: Nuclear?

How many Standing Ovations will President W. Bush receive during his State of the Union Address?

Speedy comments appreciated as I am hoping to jump on these props before Bodog modifies them!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, I've been enjoying these too, though not planning on betting them. As for the standing ovations, I believe he got 45 last year, and that that's about normal, though I'd double check that number. Space Terrorism is a phrase he has been using in several speeches lately, and while it seems unlikely to me that he'll bring it up in the state of the union, I'm not sure that 2/5 odds is good enough to view it as free money.

On a side note, in "celebrity props" you can also bet on the gender of Adam Sandler's child... does anyone know why the juice isn't even? Boy is even money, girl is -140...

faithdrool
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

0 times ........... 2/5.

Free money, IMO.

Other props to consider:

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, I've been enjoying these too, though not planning on betting them. As for the standing ovations, I believe he got 45 last year, and that that's about normal, though I'd double check that number. Space Terrorism is a phrase he has been using in several speeches lately , and while it seems unlikely to me that he'll bring it up in the state of the union, I'm not sure that 2/5 odds is good enough to view it as free money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? Dang! I may lose my $250.

BobJoeJim
01-19-2006, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Space Terrorism is a phrase he has been using in several speeches lately

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? Dang! I may lose my $250.

[/ QUOTE ]
Upon further review I may have exaggerated. It IS a term used in an FAA report from January 8th, in which they proposed screening space tourists against the No-Fly list as you can see here. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4589072.stm)

I was not able to google up a record of Bush actually using the term himself, however. Your money is probably safe.

hBomb1
01-19-2006, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

On a side note, in "celebrity props" you can also bet on the gender of Adam Sandler's child... does anyone know why the juice isn't even? Boy is even money, girl is -140...

[/ QUOTE ]

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that "Girl" sperm is about a 52/48 favorite over "boy" sperm to fertilize an egg. I believe it has something to do with the chromosomes being easier to carry for the girl, perhaps a biology major could clear that up...

BobJoeJim
01-19-2006, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that "Girl" sperm is about a 52/48 favorite over "boy" sperm to fertilize an egg. I believe it has something to do with the chromosomes being easier to carry for the girl, perhaps a biology major could clear that up...

[/ QUOTE ]
I have heard similar biological factoids before, but I'm pretty sure that's not it in this case. Several other celebrity babies have lines up for their gender as well, and the others are all -120/-120. The Adam Sandler line was -130/-110 at one point, is -140/even now. I can only hope that there is some rumor out there that suggests a girl is more likely, because the only OTHER viable explanation is that SO many people are betting on "girl" that Bodog feels the need to move the line to balance the action /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

faithdrool
01-19-2006, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have heard similar biological factoids before, but I'm pretty sure that's not it in this case. Several other celebrity babies have lines up for their gender as well, and the others are all -120/-120. The Adam Sandler line was -130/-110 at one point, is -140/even now. I can only hope that there is some rumor out there that suggests a girl is more likely, because the only OTHER viable explanation is that SO many people are betting on "girl" that Bodog feels the need to move the line to balance the action /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if the line was at -120/-120, no reasonable human being would bet.

Since the line is at -140/-100, bodog may get some action because people may bet on -140 thinking "the insiders have moved the line to -140".

BobJoeJim
01-19-2006, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if the line was at -120/-120, no reasonable human being would bet.

Since the line is at -140/-100, bodog may get some action because people may bet on -140 thinking "the insiders have moved the line to -140".

[/ QUOTE ]
The line is on WHETHER ADAM SANDLER'S CHILD WILL BE A BOY OR A GIRL. Do you really think "Reasonable human beings," are the target bettors here?

And three more gems from the celebrity props, featuring Nicole Richie vs. Lindsey Lohan. "Who will check into a drug/alcohol rehabilitation center first in 2006?"; "Who will be involved in a physical fight with another celebrity next?"; and "Who will be first to have a nervous breakdown?"

The fight is even odds, at -120/-120 (gotta love the juice on these celebrity bets), Richie is the slight favorite for the breakdown and for rehab, at -115/-125.