PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Kings, Big Pot

frappeboy
01-19-2006, 12:48 AM
Players are of the usual variety--Loose. I have seat 3 marked as a "loose cannon".

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.htm))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls

4th Street - (13.20 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls

5th Street - (12.60 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

6th Street - (16.60 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls

River - (20.60 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks___folds
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___folds

Total pot: (22.60 BB)

The Worm
01-19-2006, 01:06 AM
I would reraise on 3rd. Given the board, you have to assume he thinks hes best with his queens. Only hand that has you dominated is Aces or rolled queens, which isnt likely. Id continue to jam pot on 4th and try and drive out others. Getting this pot heads up I think is key. On a side note I went on the worst run of my life the other day, losing appr 50 BB. Loose table, and every reason to think Id make quite a bit turned in to a nightmare of 2 and 4 outers. I lost with AA and KK in the hole 14 out of 15 hands, mostly when it was 2 pair. This continued into following day when on my first hand I get AA in the hole and aces up on 5th only to lose to Kings over on 7th with the case king. God I Love his game!

lstream
01-19-2006, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I went on the worst run of my life the other day, losing appr 50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]
You have had a real short life then /images/graemlins/cool.gif

The Worm
01-19-2006, 01:17 AM
It was in one session of 10-20 and I only played for about 3 hours. If you lose more than that reguarly, I guess I do better than I think.

frappeboy
01-19-2006, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It was in one session of 10-20 and I only played for about 3 hours. If you lose more than that reguarly, I guess I do better than I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

The other day i was down 110BB in about 3 hours on the 5-10.. I ended up being up 10BB when i quit 5 hours later.

The Worm
01-19-2006, 01:26 AM
Ive only been playing seriously for about a year and a half, and have never come close to that. Im speechless. In losing those 50BBs, I think the reason I was more upset than normal was because I was actually getting great cards, ie rolled trips, pocket paint, 3 to straight flushes and losing just about everytime. Given the table dynamic of mostly calling stations (which I know can sometimes work against you) I think I was more mad at the fact that I had a chance of winning 100BBs than I was at losing the 50BBs.

jon_1van
01-19-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm really not sure what you're looking for here. The hand seems a little dubious just because of the amount action that is being thrown around, but no one is really showing anything huge.

On one hand I'd say, go for check-raise or wait for 5th to try to push people out. But you don't want to give a free card to the suited board. And you aren't in spectacular position to go for a c-r. And even then it might not work.

So just betting the whole way seems fine (until they hit a probable 2 pair and you don't).

Meh, kinda standard

Bartholow
01-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Looks good to me.