PDA

View Full Version : Technical Book Titles

uDevil
07-03-2006, 06:02 PM
What is the difference, if any, between books having the following words in the title?

Principles of
Elementary
Fundamentals of
Introduction to
Basic
Understanding

hmkpoker
07-03-2006, 06:56 PM
I don't know what you're getting at, I read <u>Principles of Elementary Fundamentals of the Introduction to Basic Understanding</u> and it really helped me a lot /images/graemlins/smile.gif

uDevil
07-03-2006, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what you're getting at, I read <u>Principles of Elementary Fundamentals of the Introduction to Basic Understanding</u> and it really helped me a lot /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just wondering what kinds of things might be true about these categories of books. For example

Are Introductory books a superset of Fundamentals and Principles?

Are Principles and Fundamentals books more in depth than Understanding or Basic or Elements books?

Are Principles and Fundamentals books organized differently? Do they take a different approach?

Do authors and publishers just randomly select from one of these words to describe their books?

That kind of thing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

vhawk01
07-03-2006, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just wondering what kinds of things might be true about these categories of books. For example

Are Introductory books a superset of Fundamentals and Principles?

Are Principles and Fundamentals books more in depth than Understanding or Basic or Elements books?

Are Principles and Fundamentals books organized differently? Do they take a different approach?

Do authors and publishers just randomly select from one of these words to describe their books?
That kind of thing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say this is most certainly the case.