PDA

View Full Version : What is the temperature in the poker room?

Rhett
07-01-2006, 08:31 PM
I remember seeing on TV that the main event was over-crowded and very hot. Have they handled that problem now and made the room properly air-conditioned, or should I expect it to be very hot and wear shorts and a t-shirt?

TomCollins
07-01-2006, 08:39 PM
I don't remember it being hot last year. If anything a bit cold. But it wasn't too bad either way.

Punker
07-01-2006, 08:53 PM
The room is freezing. Don't wear shorts or a tshirt - wear pants and at least a light jacket.

scottc25
07-01-2006, 09:18 PM
My #1 rule - always bring a jacket. That and money. Sucks to carry a jacket when its 150 out.

MicroBob
07-01-2006, 09:42 PM
You might be thinking of the 2004 coverage from the Horseshoe (the year Raymer won it) where they showed some players fanning themselves and it being very hot.

In 2005 at the Rio it was freaking FREEZING in there.
Many many players were complaining about the cold.

A couple of evenings playing single-table satellites my hands were so cold it was difficult to handle my chips.

I brought a sports-jacket to wear.
Many others brought sweatshirts or jackets.
And many many more complained that they couldn't believe how freaking cold it was in there.

I didn't mind it actually. but it was impressive that they could get a room THAT crowded with so many bodies THAT cold when it was literally 113-116 degrees for high-temps outside that week.

At my main-event table 1 guy sent his sister to the souvenir shop to buy him a sweatshirt.

I suggested that Johnny Chan could give her money to get him one as well since he had complained about the cold multiple times on that day alone (he shouldn't have been surprised as it was always that cold every time I had been in there prior to the main-event).
He half-laughed at first, then realized it was a good idea.

We were joking that we by the end of this we were all going to be wearing the same WSOP sweatshirts there.

Somebody later told me that this was Gigabet's sister who was buying the sweatshirts.
I didn't even know that was him at my table.

Shorty35
07-02-2006, 01:18 AM
I left yesterday. It is cool to cold. Bring a sweatshirt.

EdmondDantes
07-02-2006, 01:21 AM
It's cool but not bad when the room is full, but when it gets late and the crowd has thinned out, it's definitely cold. I wore a t-shirt with a cotton sweater and jeans and still thought my teeth were gonna start chattering. At a minimum, shove a sweatshirt in your backpack.

Edmond

davidross
07-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Sounds perfect for a Canadian!!!

SInce I have to wear Poker Stars gear at least I can use the jacket and hockey shirt. Unless I melt on my way over to the Rio.

CardSharpCook
07-02-2006, 01:41 AM
cold. so very cold.

MicroBob
07-02-2006, 06:40 AM
I didn't get a hockey shirt last year.

I did get a jacket though.

I just wore one of the Stars collared shirts and also had a sports-jacket.
Yes, I was technically not quite showing the logo at all times. Big freaking deal. If they want to give me a sports-jacket with a Stars logo on it I would be happy to wear it.

Yuv
07-02-2006, 06:50 AM
Hockey shirts are beyond ugly. WTF is up with that? I'll sell the shirts I got at the PCA for lucnh at fatburger.

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-02-2006, 07:08 AM
FREEZING.

I had jeans, a hoddie, and a hat with a shirt on underneath and I was still cold.

texman
07-05-2006, 11:33 PM
in event #3 at the far end i started at 32 and it was cold then when i moved down to the final 11 tables (other end maybe seat 134 or so) it started to heat up quite a bit so bring a jacket. I sat next to Chau Giang early on and he kept saying over and over " i am so cold , i am so hungry"