PDA

View Full Version : Basic drawing hand oop question

yukoncpa
07-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Hi,
I haven’t played no limit in a year so I’m rusty. My limit poker is fogging my brain

6max .25/.50nl. Game seems a little on the tight side. I just started playing and have no reads. Nobody so far was playing overly aggressively.

I open raise in MP with KJs for 2 dollars, everyone folds to button who repops to 5. Everyone folds, I call. Heads up, OOP , $10 in pot. Our stacks are about 60 each.

Flop = 5, 9, Q with two suits to my hand. I have gutshot draw and flush draw.
I check, villain bets 5, I call. Pot =20

Turn = blank deuce,

I check, villain bets 10, I fold.

1) should I have called his small reraise preflop or folded?
2) Is it proper to call a half pot size bet once with draw?
3) Should I have done anything fancy like checkraise flop ( sorry, but limit’s really clouding my mind)

xwillience
07-01-2006, 08:05 PM
1) preflop is fine.
2/3) the flop is fine, but you could also b3b all in if you think theres a lotof FE.

you should have called the turn.

yukoncpa
07-01-2006, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) preflop is fine.
2/3) the flop is fine, but you could also b3b all in if you think theres a lotof FE.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, This was the most exciting pot of 3 orbits. No one was bullying.
If I call turn and hit on river, how much do I bet to maximize return? I would have had about 40 left and pot would have been 40. So do I just bet out all in on river? I don't checkraise river, right?

A43Braun
07-01-2006, 08:23 PM
The preflop call is fine. I might bet out on the flop to catch villain off guard and take back the aggression i lost when he reraised preflop. And the turn is a must call; those 3:1 odds plus the implied odds make it too good to fold.

xwillience
07-01-2006, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) preflop is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, This was the most exciting pot of 3 orbits. No one was bullying.
If I call turn and hit on river, how much do I bet to maximize return? I would have had about 40 left and pot would have been 40. So do I just bet out all in on river? I don't checkraise river, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
all you have to do is make up $8ish to be profitable, so any more than that is gravy. if you think hell call a full pot sized bet than sure, but thats really read dependent.

CIncyHR
07-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Yeah preflop is OK. Like the other said,it might be worth to show some agression, especially if these guys fold too much, to get some fold equity. If you choose not to bet 3 bet flop, you have to call that turn. You're getting 3:1 with what we presume to be 12 outs, so looks like we have immediate odds to call.

pokerspite
07-01-2006, 08:50 PM
I fold this to reraise. You're OOP with a hand that is easily dominated.

yukoncpa
07-01-2006, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah preflop is OK. Like the other said,it might be worth to show some agression, especially if these guys fold too much, to get some fold equity. If you choose not to bet 3 bet flop, you have to call that turn. You're getting 3:1 with what we presume to be 12 outs, so looks like we have immediate odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ] Just so I'm clear. When you say bet 3 bet, do you mean leading on flop, then raising all in if he raises me?

xwillience
07-01-2006, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold this to reraise. You're OOP with a hand that is easily dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm? how can our hand be dominated, we are on a draw. you fold this your throwing money away.

yukoncpa
07-01-2006, 09:27 PM
I assumed he meant pre-flop.