PDA

View Full Version : Any regulars at Soaring Eagle in Michigan?

northkent
12-31-2005, 08:47 PM
I have been up there about 5 times in the last month playing 6-12 and 10-20. I was just wondering if anyone on here plays there. If you don't you should because it has been easy money on each visit for me.

Good Idea
01-01-2006, 02:09 AM
I used to go there 3 times a month but now it seems like I always have to wait 2 hours for a table so I just play on the internet. I did have alot of success when I went regularly but that was before they closed the poker room for a year. I've gone 3 times since they re-opened it and it's just not worth the wait considering I have a two hour drive each way on top of the time it takes to get a seat.

magoo
01-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Ditto:

[ QUOTE ]
I used to go there 3 times a month but now it seems like I always have to wait 2 hours for a table so I just play on the internet. I did have alot of success when I went regularly but that was before they closed the poker room for a year. I've gone 3 times since they re-opened it and it's just not worth the wait considering I have a two hour drive each way on top of the time it takes to get a seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Senni
01-01-2006, 03:20 PM
I haven't been there since well before they closed the old poker room. I've been considering a little live play lately.

How many tables do they have now, and what games and limits do they spread? Any no limit?

Senni

mittman84
01-01-2006, 04:35 PM
18 tables, 3-6, 6-12, 10-20, and 15-30 (only on weekends) for holdem. Ocassionaly a 3-6 stud or O8 game. No NL

RyanCMU
01-30-2006, 08:14 AM
I usually play there 2-3 times per week, mostly the 3/6 been playing 6/12 sometimes though.

They just recently started spreading a NL game; the structure is 1/2 with a 100 max buy in with a rebuy below 50, and a 6 dollar / half hour time charge.

I have been seeing the stud game going more frequently along with the 15/30 on the weekend. It seems the NL game has taken much of the 10/20 players somehwat and 15/30 appears to be phasing it out.

Bobb
01-30-2006, 08:58 AM
I also play there frequently (sometimes w/ RyanCMU), although I have been going less and less frequently as of late (I'm lazy and online is easier).

I agree with the rest of the posters in this thread, the play there is terrible.

P.S. I noticed the NL game tonite and it's sizeable time charge. Just curious, is this a normal ammount for a rake of those limits? $12/hour seems ridiculous to me.

NaturalSelection
01-31-2006, 06:08 PM
The NL game isnt killing the 10-20 game yet, and the 15-30 game still only goes rarely... but anyway, none of you guys should go there, the 10-20 game is unbeatable...

magoo
02-01-2006, 12:46 AM
Northern Michigan, Northern Wisconsin, Minnesota...very high percentage of very good players....I don't live in those places and won't travel there (anymore) !

[ QUOTE ]
The NL game isnt killing the 10-20 game yet, and the 15-30 game still only goes rarely... but anyway, none of you guys should go there, the 10-20 game is unbeatable...

[/ QUOTE ]

RyanCMU
02-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Just finished a 19 hour session at Soaring Eagle, I was unfortunatly stuck a wee bit and delegated to playing 3/6 for the entire duration. Thankfully I manged to climb back up and turn a profit. Any 2plus2'ers there?

And the 15/30 has been going with very high frequency for the past 2 weeks now. And as for the game quality, friday and saturday nights are plentiful with terrible college players and drunken idiots.

I will agree though there does seem to be more rocks at the Soaring Eagle limit games, then most people would be accustomed to.

Aces_up_North
02-05-2006, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Northern Michigan, Northern Wisconsin, Minnesota...very high percentage of very good players....I don't live in those places and won't travel there (anymore) !

[/ QUOTE ]

I just moved from Northern Michigan, I played at Little River and the one in Traverse City (Can't think how to spell the freaking name and don't want to look it up) There are a lot of tough players up there...the 2-5NL in TC can either be very loose/fishy or very tight and hard to break. I had some good runs at the 2-5NL though...go on the weekends and it will be a loose game, lots of rich beach front fudgies tossing around their money. It was never uncommon to see a $300-500 pot at this game.