PDA

View Full Version : Are backpacks allowed?

beachbum
06-30-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm getting to Vegas on 7/5 and pretty much staying to the end. My plan now is to play tons of satellite STT and hopefully make enough for a few events, and even the ME.

I'd like to have somewhat of a normal life out there: workout, eat well, etc. Ideally, I'd like to prepare a bunch of meals before I leave for the Rio each morning, put them with a bunch of cold packs in a big, insulated lunch bag, and then put that along with books, water bottles, sodas, etc. in my backpack.

I'm sure they do, but they allow you to bring stuff like this to the table, right? I pretty much want to have my backpack with me at all times. I just wonder if any of you that have been playing so far have seen anything where the floor's or anyone has been telling people "you can't bring that in here".

EdmondDantes
06-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Backpacks aren't a problem.

psandman
07-01-2006, 12:26 PM
As far as I know there is no rule against having a backpack with you. However be aware that when it gets crowded and busy if your backpack presents an obstacle they may tell you that you can't keep it with you. So i would try to keep it a small backpack that you could keep under your seat where it won't get in anyones way.

Annulus
07-01-2006, 12:31 PM
For some odd reason I clearly remember seeing some random dude bust out of the main event last year and reach under his seat and grab his big ol backpack and walk towards the rail. I saw this on a rerun recently.

Wetdog
07-01-2006, 01:00 PM
I think random dude had a suitcase.

Burdzthewurd
07-01-2006, 01:03 PM
I brought along a carrier bag and had no problems

Scooterdoo
07-01-2006, 02:27 PM
backpacks are just fine.

pfkaok
07-01-2006, 06:07 PM
I had a backpack with me in the events i played, and it was fine. also, you should check out the players kitchen place, as they have at least some healthy food for not too much. The salads were pretty decent, and they had a good fruit salad, also just fruits you could buy, as well as cliff bars and other types of energy bars.

07-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Didn't David William's have a backpack with his homework in it when FT'ed te ME?

07-01-2006, 06:28 PM

greg nice
07-01-2006, 09:16 PM
thanks pfkaok, ill have to remember to ask about that spot