PDA

View Full Version : Truepoker reload-50% upto $150

krazyace5
06-30-2006, 03:18 PM
TruePoker is offering you a 50% Reload Bonus on your next TruePoker chip purchase made from now to July 6th!

Enter the Bonus Code JULYTP when you make a deposit before July 6 @ 11:59 p.m. EST.

You will get an explosive 50% extra (up to $150) on your deposit**.

Bonuses will be paid at the rate of 8x, as soon as you play the required Qualified Raked Hands*. The more you deposit, the bigger the bonus when you play the required hands.

TruePoker CEO
06-30-2006, 04:50 PM
That was a quick post re the 4th of July/Canada Day Reload bonus, the emails just went out.

I'll try and answer any questions on this.

Truepoker CEO

uDevil
06-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Thank you for the bonus opportunity, but I will check out the traffic before depositing for this bonus-- last time I was there, there were few lower stakes limit HE tables going. (NL games seemed well populated, but that's not my first choice.)

Not directly related to the bonus, but since you're here and I know you are pretty candid about this kind of stuff:

Ideally, the bonus program would work out to the benefit of both the site and the players, but some sites retaliate against players who only play to collect bonuses. What do you think about the topic of "bonus abuse"?

Are you still considering a celebrity spokesperson? If so, who do you have in mind?

Any timeframe for a working four-color deck?

Moster
06-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Can I use the signup bonus and the reload at the same time? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TruePoker CEO
06-30-2006, 06:06 PM
"What do you think about the topic of "bonus abuse"?"

1. Playing "only" to collect a bonus is perfectly acceptable to me, so long as there is no collusion or inappropriate game activity. I do not know what sort of "retaliation" you refer to by any sites, but we have no beef with someone playing the required qualified raked hands, earning a bonus and hitting the bricks ..... We would prefer someone play on, but hey ... that's up to you.

2. I do not really think that there is genuine "bonus abuse", short of players dumping chips to coordinate/enable a cashout without playing, or, players trying to take advantage of a clear error by a site .... like that Party Cruise Upgrade/Cancellation incident. In our last Reload, some players cleared and then left, without playing more .... That is NOT 'bonus abuse". That is our risk/cost, not any socalled "bonus abuse'.

3. To put it another way, BonusWhores are welcome.

"Are you still considering a celebrity spokesperson?"

Actually, there are a few well-known celebrities looking for a one-off WSOP ME deal. We are asking for prices, and might do something, tied to a longer deal if it works well.

I was told that it is being worked on. we actually did it once, but it created a bug for some reason .... which is why it was turned off. I can't give a timeframe, as I want our VIP program fully done first.

David

TruePoker CEO
06-30-2006, 06:12 PM
No.

You first need to clear the 100% Sign-Up bonus (10x), before depositing for the 50% reload (8x) AND you must do all that before July 6, 11:59 pm EST.

However, the FTD is 100%,up to $200. Realistically, I would suggest you max the First Time Bonus, play some (10x) to get that value, and then see if you want to try for the daily double and get both.

Of copurse, we would welcome the play either way.

Truepoker CEO

Uglyowl
06-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Very nice David. Very accurate about bonus abuse also. I'll be in.

OldYoda
06-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks, David. A nice surprise for the 4th of July. Had a slight issue with my deposit because of a Third Bullet conflict but support, as usual, was outstanding and took care of it immediately. Now if I can just avoid busting out of tonight's Top 200 tourney in the first 4 or 5 hands I'll be all set.

Abe
06-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks TP-CEO,

Good Timing! Now - if you could just round up 20 or 30 more limit players.

uDevil
06-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks.

Ok, you got me. Not much going on in limit HE games, so I'm off to try my luck at NL.

kdog
06-30-2006, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks TP-CEO,

Good Timing! Now - if you could just round up 20 or 30 more limit players.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would certainly help. The Boho/table ratio does get kinda high on these.

Markusgc
07-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Ok, I didn't get the email and I'm a daily player there. What's up wit' dat?

Also, my biggest suggestion/request is to put the stack sizes in the hand histories. Everyone else does it AND it's crucial information you're looking them over later.

Can we get that included?

TruePoker CEO
07-01-2006, 04:19 AM
"Ok, I didn't get the email and I'm a daily player there. What's up wit' dat?"

Check your junk mail and filters. Hotmail has been especially touchy, we are sending those accounts a special version. (I would appreciate it if you let me know if our email was snagged in your junk mail folder.)

"Also, my biggest suggestion/request is to put the stack sizes in the hand histories. Everyone else does it AND it's crucial information you're looking them over later."

I know that our developers are working on hand history improvements. I do not know if that was included. I'll let them know.

Truepoker CEO

jedi
07-01-2006, 08:16 AM
I haven't been playing there for a while, has the software improved?

clovenhoof
07-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Signed up yesterday because of the offer. Then when I saw how few tables they had, I kind of regretted it.

Today I can't connect to the server. No problems with any other sites.

I wouldn't even ask this if it wasn't for what I thought was such a small turnout on a Friday night (and today being a new month), but have they gone under?

uDevil
07-01-2006, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but have they gone under?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't panic, the world hasn't ended yet-- I'm playing right now.

MicroBob
07-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Very little limit action there these days.
Tries doing a special reload there that I got invited to do but I was stuck trying to clear it on NL for a little while and then decided to give up on it.

I'm not against returning though as I've been wanting to play more NL anyway.

It's not really an 8x bonus at lower stakes imo as not all raked-hands count as a 'full' raked-hand (just as interpoker isn't really a 5x bonus at the lower-limits).

All this .25 and .5 raked-hand stuff that True and Inter do can effectively make a reload more like 10x-16x instead of 5x-8x at the lower stakes (unless there is something in there that I'm misinterpreting).

I'm not saying that the True 8x reload is a rip-off or anything like that.
Just that not all 8x reloads are created equally since there are sites where 1 raked-hand actually counts as 1 raked-hand no matter how little is raked.

TruePoker CEO
07-02-2006, 11:31 AM
"It's not really an 8x bonus at lower stakes imo as not all raked-hands count as a 'full' raked-hand (just as interpoker isn't really a 5x bonus at the lower-limits)."

Bob, The last reload, we ran a 6.7x bonus with the same Qualified Raked Hands, i.e. proportional credit for hands raked under a dollar.

What happens at6.7x, in economic terms is that a payout at $15/Qualified raked hand yields a rakeback to micro-limit full table players of much greater than 100% rakeback.

The current reload bonus, paying out at 8x ($12.50/100 QRH), is still likely to yield about 100% rakeback for a player at a full micro-limit game.

We are certainly willing to bonus micro-limit play and welcome it. the play in our $1.0 -20 NL games seems to be pretty high quality and a good learning place for new NL players.

Truepoker CEO

Markusgc
07-02-2006, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(I would appreciate it if you let me know if our email was snagged in your junk mail folder.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I have Yahoo email, if that helps. My wife and I also have old play money accounts and usually get offers like this in those email acct.'s too - but not this time.

Blacklisted? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Eder
07-03-2006, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"It's not really an 8x bonus at lower stakes imo as not all raked-hands count as a 'full' raked-hand (just as interpoker isn't really a 5x bonus at the lower-limits)."

Bob, The last reload, we ran a 6.7x bonus with the same Qualified Raked Hands, i.e. proportional credit for hands raked under a dollar.

What happens at6.7x, in economic terms is that a payout at $15/Qualified raked hand yields a rakeback to micro-limit full table players of much greater than 100% rakeback.

The current reload bonus, paying out at 8x ($12.50/100 QRH), is still likely to yield about 100% rakeback for a player at a full micro-limit game.

Truepoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]

Well cleared this at .50-1$NL... aprox 2000 hands...I'm sure you didnt lose $$ on me since your rake kicks in at $1. Games seemed very good, average pots ~$18-20, 5 limpers average.

Thanks again for generous bonus.

MicroBob
07-03-2006, 03:11 AM
TPCEO - I didn't realize that your 6.7x reload released at full-credit for hands raked under a dollar.
That is indeed a generous bonus.

I do want to point out that an 8x bonus the way you are doing it not the same as an 8x bonus at some other places.

TruePoker CEO
07-03-2006, 10:25 AM
"TPCEO - I didn't realize that your 6.7x reload released at full-credit for hands raked under a dollar"

Bob, I don't want to get credit for something mistakenly, I want to be clear on the rate ... The bonuses work as follows:

A pot raked at less than $1.00 will give players a proportional: A pot raked $.20 will get the players in it 20% of 1 Qualified Raked Hand. Under that system, a micro-limit player, (who is paid a bonus rate of $15 per 100 Qualified Raked Hands), playing at a full table, typically generated less than $15 in rake for those same hands.

the observations were empirical, it simply did happen that we were a bit more generous than perhaps we designed.

Truepoker CEO

uDevil
07-03-2006, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"What do you think about the topic of "bonus abuse"?"

1. Playing "only" to collect a bonus is perfectly acceptable to me, so long as there is no collusion or inappropriate game activity. I do not know what sort of "retaliation" you refer to by any sites, but we have no beef with someone playing the required qualified raked hands, earning a bonus and hitting the bricks ..... We would prefer someone play on, but hey ... that's up to you.

2. I do not really think that there is genuine "bonus abuse", short of players dumping chips to coordinate/enable a cashout without playing, or, players trying to take advantage of a clear error by a site .... like that Party Cruise Upgrade/Cancellation incident. In our last Reload, some players cleared and then left, without playing more .... That is NOT 'bonus abuse". That is our risk/cost, not any socalled "bonus abuse'.

3. To put it another way, BonusWhores are welcome.

"Are you still considering a celebrity spokesperson?"

Actually, there are a few well-known celebrities looking for a one-off WSOP ME deal. We are asking for prices, and might do something, tied to a longer deal if it works well.

I was told that it is being worked on. we actually did it once, but it created a bug for some reason .... which is why it was turned off. I can't give a timeframe, as I want our VIP program fully done first.

David

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. More questions though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wouldn't it help micro players to have a bonus that was incrementally paid out? This is the way you used to do it-- why was it changed? [I vaguely recall that it was due to player requests, but that seems silly, from a player's perspective.]

Some sites have bonuses that never expire while others allow just a week to clear the bonus. Why is that? Wouldn't having bonuses that don't expire also help micro/recreational players?

Abe
07-03-2006, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[Thanks for the info. More questions though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wouldn't it help micro players to have a bonus that was incrementally paid out? This is the way you used to do it-- why was it changed? [I vaguely recall that it was due to player requests, but that seems silly, from a player's perspective.]

Some sites have bonuses that never expire while others allow just a week to clear the bonus. Why is that? Wouldn't having bonuses that don't expire also help micro/recreational players?

[/ QUOTE ]

TP-CEO

I agree with this. As a player, I would much rather have a bonus that is paid incrementally and also has NO expiration.

I'm sure your business model has priced all this out. Certainly you get benefits when a player does not play enough hands to get ANY bonus. And maybe, you have numbers that show some players will play more and stay longer with that kind of bonus.

Looking at these two factors (incremental pay & no expiration)in a grid, you and Party would have the LEAST desirable combination. Paradise would have the best. Stars would be in the middle.

(Putting on my Bo-Ho hat here)
When theres a bonus offer, thats time restricted, and paid in a lump; I have to guess very low on the number of hands I will play. Then have to scurry to play them, cash out and go back to playing at Stars and Paradise.

For instance, I have not fully used a Party bonus this year. Their bonus method makes me play fewer hands there. And - on your most recent reload -- again looking at the timing, I have to guess very low on the number of hands that I will play to make sure I will qualify to get the bonus in the time frame. So, I play FEWER hands at TP this time.
Even though I like the site and have done well in the games there.

47outs
07-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Hello,

The 50% reload bonus which are currently being offered at TruePoker is only available to new accounts on our site as well only accounts to which are the first and only account created on a single computer are eligible.

You have an account related to yours that already took advantage of this promotion; so yours is not eligible for it.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

I bought in for the bonus tonight, $100 for $50 bonus. Apparently my old roommate of 5 years ago bought in for the bonus and now I am out of luck. I understand the reasoning behind protecting yourself from bonus abusers and gnome accounts but it should be taken on account by account basis. When I got the bonus email, nowhere did it state such rules as what I am now being presented with. I was excited to try TP again... actually I am playing anyway because I enjoy it. But I feel that I deserve the bonus just like anyone else.

For the record, HOSTCC was very helpful. Support on the other hand is like it always is at TP... with their holier than thou approach and need lessons in customer service.

47outs -(tp screenname too)

MicroBob
07-04-2006, 05:43 AM
thanks for the clarification and honesty.

not really sure how or why I misinterpreted the word 'proportionally' but perhaps I hadn't received my full caffeine intake when I read that initially.

The Monk
07-04-2006, 10:23 AM
To TPCEO: My only complaint is.... The pot is raked 20¢ you get .2 pts. thats fine. The pot is raked $1.00 you get 1 point, that's fine. The pot is raked $3 you still only get 1 point so it's not a proportinal rake. Why not give more points to players who generate more rake?

TruePoker CEO
07-04-2006, 10:31 AM
I'll get you the bonus.

I'll also see who at Support took the holier than thou attitude.

regards,

David

TruePoker CEO
07-04-2006, 10:34 AM
We are putting in a VIP program, which will recognize and reward our larger game players. (This will not be "deposit bonus driven", but rather a rewards system for play.)

Truepoker CEO

TruePoker CEO
07-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Yes. We have made regular improvements, behind the scenes, to make the games run a little faster and to speed information flow.

We also will be doing another release tomorrow, which will incorporate a "reverse cashout" button for players. From time to time, a player cashes out, then wants to cancel it and return the funds to his account. With the "reverse cashout" feature, a player has an ability to change his mind, until the cashouts are batched and sent for processing by Neteler, Firepay, etc.

Truepoker CEO