yabastid
06-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Basically bullet points since I have to run

- 2700 runners! Wow- new record
- First prize $700,000+
- 270 paid
- I bust 370 but played well and got my money in 60/40 fav
- MLG had t8000 after lvl 2, busts lvl 3-4ish I think
- CSC busted Grinder in lvl 3 I think hitting (i believe runner runner straight vs flpped 2 pair)
- Csc busts out of tourney 270ish ?
- Strassa busts 155ish allin KK vs QQ red Q on river- brutal, 60K ish pot
- Colson still in at around 20K ish playing well as usual
- UCLABruinz (awesome guy, just a solid cool MFer! not that the other guys aren't by any means but just I've spent the most time with UCLA) has around 40K and starts today in 38th place out of 130ish (?)
- Carlos Mortensen's (sp?) is chip leader at around $130,000 (avg 35K ish). His stack is sooooooo large that it's as high as his head and you can't see the guy sitting to his left depending on where you stand, hysterical.
- For those who know "OctavianC" on PS he also has a fairly big stack
- Raptor was playing 10-25 with Phil Van Sexton and seemed to do pretty well for himself.
- All the pros are around and very approachable and quite nice
- Played with Phil Helmuth for about 40min at lvl 100-200 I was 3 to his right and never played a pot with him though I really wanted too, but my stack just didn't have any room to play or get into marginal situations. Helmuth had a minor 20 minute Helmuthian moment when he open raised with 99 from button and semi aggro young Asian kid call in BB. Flop comes 8,4,2r helmuth bets 3/4 pot kid calls. Turn comes 2, goes check/check, river King- kid leads for half pot, Helmuth calls and loses to K5o. He then goes after the kid (not too harshly for like 20 minutes about how he'll have all his chips soon, lots of muttering "calls with K5o and then calls a flop bet, etc . . . ", and that he doesn't understand these new players, blah blah blah.)
- Helmuth brags about maybe being the best player in the world and how he has made great laydowns this tourney that no one else could. I say, "that's cause you can dodge bullets, phil." He looks at me, smiles and says just like on TV, "I can dodge bullets, baby!" Pretty funny
- All 2+2ers I've met and spent some time with UCLA, MLG, CSC, Strassa (we went to the same high school it turns out), Pfkaok, and the othres I forgetting are all extremely cool and great guys.

GL to UCLA and COlson still in!!! Starts in 5 min. @ 2:00 pm

mlagoo
06-28-2006, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
- Helmuth brags about maybe being the best player in the world and how he has made great laydowns this tourney that no one else could. I say, "that's cause you can dodge bullets, phil." He looks at me, smiles and says just like on TV, "I can dodge bullets, baby!" Pretty funny

[/ QUOTE ]

i know its really dorky and kinda sad, but i really hope i have a moment like this at the WSOP /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Lloyd
06-28-2006, 05:19 PM
There is and will be a single thread created for each WSOP event. Please make ALL posts concerning that event - player discussions, hand discussions, etc. - in that single thread.