PDA

View Full Version : meet ups - collusion

beenben
06-28-2006, 02:59 AM
"Just read a post on 2 + 2 requesting a meeting of all 2 + 2rs playing in event two to meet up for discussion before the EVeny. Sounds a bit like a collusion meeting to me. Is this what 2 + 2 management is promoting now? Maybe they think
if one of theirs wins it will be good for buisness. I'm glad I'm not playing.
VV"

from a post on the internet newsgroup recpoker available at recpoker.com.

I defended the meet ups there. I'm sure you guys just want to meet each other, take a picture, etc.

nath
06-28-2006, 03:04 AM
RGP = idiots

Botchman
06-28-2006, 03:05 AM
That is complete bs guys wanna meet up to get to know one another and they start talking that sh**!!!!

55Darryl
06-28-2006, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Just read a post on 2 + 2 requesting a meeting of all 2 + 2rs playing in event two to meet up for discussion before the EVeny. Sounds a bit like a collusion meeting to me. Is this what 2 + 2 management is promoting now? Maybe they think
VV"

I defended the meet ups there. I'm sure you guys just want to meet each other, take a picture, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two elements that make this whole fiasco impossible.

1. Colluders are not going to plan a cheating expedition on the world's top poker forum. Isn't it stupid to think so?

2. How possible would it be to execute team collusion in the midst of a tournament field the size of a WSOP event? I know lot's of people in poker. When I played on Day One (or the employee event) I was moved to 5 tables and was knocked out just before dinner break. I only recognized one person out of 50. A woman player whose name I did not know.

In the old days (past just 3 years ago) I would show up at any tournament and know everyone (most by name). Now, I don't know 1/20th (or less) of the players. POKER IS HUGE.
And it's only going to get bigger.

RazzO

JayTee
06-28-2006, 03:20 AM
"Hey, when I have a good hand I'll raise, OK."
"OK, when I don't like mine I'll Fold."
"Good deal, they can't stop us now."

ZBTHorton
06-28-2006, 03:30 AM
That's one of the stupidest things I've ever read in my life. Referring to OP's quote obv...not the example given...which I thought was funny. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Photoc
06-28-2006, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
meet up for discussion before the EVeny. Sounds a bit like a collusion meeting to me. Is this what 2 + 2 management is promoting now?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP, how paranoid are you? You really think people getting together to discuss poker = collusion?

OH F ME!!! All 60k posters on this board are colluding then because they met up on here and discussed the event beforehand. I'm not sure I'll ever play poker again. TY op for opening my eyes.

DDH
06-28-2006, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
meet up for discussion before the EVeny. Sounds a bit like a collusion meeting to me. Is this what 2 + 2 management is promoting now?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP, how paranoid are you? You really think people getting together to discuss poker = collusion?

OH F ME!!! All 60k posters on this board are colluding then because they met up on here and discussed the event beforehand. I'm not sure I'll ever play poker again. TY op for opening my eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop colluding with me, I don't want to get kicked out of poker!

beenben
06-28-2006, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

just to clarify, I am quoting someone from RGP. note that I said I was defending the meet ups. I agree a) it's not an attempt at collusion b) it's silly to think it is

Photoc
06-28-2006, 04:51 AM
Ok, well the OP of the post is a moron then, not you. My appologies but the other guy is still an idiot.

bsheck
06-28-2006, 06:20 AM
The 2p2 contingent is going to collude by going to Congress, lobbying for the legalization of human cloning so they can then enter 6 Sklansky's in the $50k HORSE event.

Willy
06-28-2006, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
VV"

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks to me like they are just jerking your chain.

uclabruinz
06-28-2006, 12:21 PM
LOL at this thread, as someone who was there. It was cool meeting so many 2p2ers.

bgoalie35
06-28-2006, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 2p2 contingent is going to collude by going to Congress, lobbying for the legalization of human cloning so they can then enter 6 Sklansky's in the $50k HORSE event.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha, 6 Sklansky's sitting at the table:

Do you see why?
Do you see why?
Do you see why?
Do you see why?
Do you see why?
Do you see why?

PITTM
06-28-2006, 04:16 PM
wow dude, you have 1k posts and posted something that dumb? incredible.

rj

bwana devil
06-28-2006, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

reread his post (quotes and all). if youre still confused, read the thread.

bwana

PITTM
06-28-2006, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

reread his post (quotes and all). if youre still confused, read the thread.

bwana

[/ QUOTE ]

i have 4k posts and posted something that dumb? incredible.

rj

Art Vandelay
06-28-2006, 07:33 PM
I was there but missed the meetup. Now I know how I didn't win.

RIGGED.

nation
06-29-2006, 03:42 AM
yeah seriously, all you idiots calling the op stupid need to take a reading comprehension class or something.

PITTM
06-29-2006, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah seriously, all you idiots calling the op stupid need to take a reading comprehension class or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, im used to things being quoted in a different manner on this site. i just read the initial quote and was floored by the stupidity of it.

rj

CardSharpCook
06-29-2006, 02:15 PM
FWIW, I colluded with a couple of 2p2ers to meet up for the dinner break as well. Strategy was discussed.

ZBTHorton
06-29-2006, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I colluded with a couple of 2p2ers to meet up for the dinner break as well. Strategy was discussed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, UCLA was obviously the best colluder there.

FrankStallone
06-29-2006, 03:04 PM
he would lose six times, to players who have actual feel for the game.