PDA

View Full Version : best investment with Party's free $40?

Elke
06-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Man Party's got it down when it comes to random bonus money showing up in my account. Their last gift of $75 I'm still working on, up to $900.

Today they gave me $40 more (400 raked hands requirement) and it's almost just a distraction from my other bonus whoring tasks. For that reason, what's my best line here for getting a quick, balls to the wall return on this money? My guess is maybe .10/.25 NL and wait for some monsters. Any thoughts?

Jago
06-28-2006, 04:57 AM
play $200NL. Play ultra-TAG, Raise 5-6xBB, push any flop /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Elke
06-28-2006, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Their last gift of $75 I'm still working on, up to $900.

[/ QUOTE ]

This amount is no longer in PP, I have only the $40 in my account.

NRewolf
06-28-2006, 09:39 AM
I've been two tabling $.5/1 limit tables. If you feel comfortable playing more than that then you'll clear the bonus in no time.

Brian O'Nolan
06-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Shortstack 25 NL and take it to BJ if you end up under $50. That's what I did with the crappy $15 Empire one.

OziBattler
06-28-2006, 08:00 PM
Normally I just get reloads but I got one of this $40 bonuses now.

Ive read the FAQ on Cashout Restricted bonuses and understand that when you play the bonus at a table any losses are deducted from the Bonus amount and not one’s other available funds. I also get it that when the bonuses gets to <=$10 that they just consider it expired and release whatever is left of the bonus to you.

But heres whats unclear to me…..how does it work if I multitable to clear the bonus?

For example, Suppose in a session that I take the $40 to Table 1 and then take another $40 to table 2 whilst Im still at table 1. I multitable for a while. I break even at Table 1 but I lose money at table 2. Does that Table 2 loss get deducted from the $40 restricted bonus or does it come straight off my unrestricted account $ thats not part of the bonus?

In this scenario should I take $20 to each table (so that $20 of the bonus is at each table) and then top up once ive sat down at both table? Would that help 'distribute' the bonus dollars so I can lose at each table and only lose bonus and not the rest of my money?

I hope the party software is smart enough to work it out and deduct all session losses from the bonus first but I thought it better to ask here cos we all know I wont get a decent answer from party support

thx

Fishy McDonk
06-28-2006, 08:16 PM
They only gave me $30.

They gave me $30 a couple months ago and I blew it on a tourney instead of "working it off". I think I will invest this $30 the same way.

cbc_llb
06-29-2006, 11:24 AM
i milked the $75 free last month too by playing $25 NL and playing LAG. My advice is to filter the tables and find the 6 max ones with the highest pot avg., as usually those are the tables that give the most action (i.e. have the most push-happy donkeys).

Although the free money itself (the $75) isn't withdrawable, any moeny you make above the $75 is. So if you have money in neteller, you can just deposit whatever you need to withdraw the $50 minimum from party, and repeat everytime you make an appreciable amount.

I made about $300 off the $75 free last month before busting out my last $75 with about 30 hands left to clear (out of 750) on two 3 outers and one 2 outer.

So far I'm up about $200 this month from the $40 free and I've cleared about 200/400 required hands.

Like somebody else said earlier this thread, you can als o take your $40 to a higher NL 6 max table (with lots of action) and play short stack strategy hoping to double/triple up with a huge hand and then work from there. Both work but the $25 NL approach has a bit less variance.

PokerAmateur4
06-30-2006, 04:33 AM
I played a tourney with the $40, now I am renewing my love affair with STT and some MTT of which I feel rather uncomfortable in but they are fun.

My question: I ran the $ up to $400+, I haven't played more than like 12 raked hands though. Under restricted money it says $0. So wtf? I don't want them taking all my money, but it doesn't look like it's restricted.

Ad Alta
06-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Party's given me free money a couple times. I always just find a no limit table which my cash buys me in four about 25% to 50% of a stack, and try to win.

If that works and I get up to a normal stack or so, I move up. Never made it past NL $600 so far. But it's fun!

WLVRYN
06-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Start playing Steps for the WSOP. You have 4 shots at the Step 1 with this.