PDA

View Full Version : Table Selection Guidence

redickulous
06-27-2006, 11:09 PM
I posted this in SSNL but got like 6 replies and none on the top part which I was more interested about table selection. Content starts down there, if your lame scroll down about half way.

Ok about me first, I have been playing NL50 at Poker Stars web page in the last month to clear their reload and really got serious about using PT and GameTime+. I ran pretty well through 50FR at about 5.2 PTBB for the 7,000 hands it took to clear the bonus.(Man it took FOREVER at that limit) So I won about $350 and cashed the original deposit to my NeTeller account matching the other $1000 that was in my account. I was also working on the NL50 Bonus at BetFred that was much more manageable at like 2,500 hands for $250. So I went over to Party and started playing in the NL50 games and were they loose. It reminded me of playing at NL10 at Linesmaker and sites like that. I started playing and I lost 3 quick buyins and was evaluating my play. I came upon a 2Paul2 video from PokerAvi web page that I had on my computer. As I began watching it I was playing exactly the same 2Paul2 was. Looking at the numbers on his HUD I would come up with the decision of what to do in the same time as Paul would and everything was the same.

So I have a few questions about Game Selection and play at Party.

Game Selection

1. With my bankroll and assumed skill level should I go to Party and move up a level and play NL100 FR?
2. Should I Move up a level and play NL100 6max like the 2Paul2 video and try and the to mimic the style of his play using PT and GameTime+?( I think I will get PA HUD as it looks better in Paul's videos.)

Content Starts

PLAY

1. At about 7:30 in the video Paul, who is playing NL100 6max on PP Limps UTG with 77, MP limps behind CO folds with Button SB completes and BB checks. The flop comes 2 4 and 9 . Blinds check Paul checks and MP bets $4 into the pot of $4. Blinds fold as does Paul. How many lead at this flop with really only MP to beat as blinds seem uninterested. Or as played call the cb and lead any turn?
2. About 10:00 Paul is SB with 54o, 2 Folds CO limps Button Limps Paul completes and BB checks. Flop 2 3 Q and Paul checks as does BB and CO Button bets $4 into pot of $4. How many call with some implied odds from loose CO with a somewhat conceled and powerful draw? If you hit on turn c/r when Button, who is repping Qx and is aggressive, bets turn.?

3. 12:17 Paul is in CO with A 5 and MP limps. Paul raises to $4. Two Questions, Is your raising range this wide when playing 6 Max as in Full Ring I would prob Limp or even fold this hand depending on how I was playing. 2. I would raise to $5 with a limper.... small detail but isn't this correct. OK called by Button and MP

Ok, Flop A 10 7 Pot ~ 12
MP checks Paul bets $8 Button calls and MP folds. Turn 6 and Paul bets $15 into pot of ~28. Do you regulary fire this 2nd barrel and if you do I think it has to be at least $20 if not a PSB. Button Calls and turn is 10 . With a ten in both of their ranges Paul checks. How many block with $20 and fold if raised?

Hopefully this can be a good thread if replied to. They are hands that are somewhat common and elementary but will improve your win rate substantialy if they are played well.

Photoc
06-27-2006, 11:45 PM
You should post this in the internet gambling forum. This one is mainly for bonus discussion.

redickulous
06-28-2006, 01:28 PM
ok, thanks. can a mod switch it there? /images/graemlins/grin.gif