PDA

View Full Version : hellmuth hyperaggressive today

texman
06-27-2006, 10:09 PM
according to cardplayer hellmuth is firing frequent pf raises and rr from the blinds with J2 - is that typical for him? - i thought he was more conservative pf early in tournies

NickMPK
06-27-2006, 10:55 PM
This tournament gives player so few chips compared to most other big tournaments that I can imagine Phil feels he needs a different strategy. For one thing, I can assure you that he didn't show up two hours late to this one...he would have lost half his stack.

Ignignokt
06-27-2006, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
according to cardplayer hellmuth is firing frequent pf raises and rr from the blinds with J2 - is that typical for him? - i thought he was more conservative pf early in tournies

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he was Killing Kill Phil?

henrikrh
06-27-2006, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is considered weak/tight, probably why he is switching it up, changing gears to throw people off and take their chips.

texman
06-28-2006, 01:11 AM
how much fewer chips today than other tournies?

bsheck
06-28-2006, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is considered weak/tight, probably why he is switching it up, changing gears to throw people off and take their chips.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not weak/tight, it's conservative/wise. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Interesting though. Guess Hellmuth can't complain about that hand where he was played back at by the BB with T9.

Army Eye
06-28-2006, 02:32 AM
Anybody who thinks he's weak/tight apparently hasn't ever seen him play. Don't know where people get that.

john voight
06-28-2006, 03:04 AM
i see him on UB. id call him more of a super LAG donkey. then on ESPN id call him super tight. id like to point out you'd need 10k+ hands to have a feeling for his game. 100-300 hands you see dont really explain.

w/e he cashed and i like him. 49wsop cashes yo

Whitewash
06-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Phil isn't weak/tight by any means, he is just known for being the godfather of small pot poker. He makes smallish raises and bets that are meant to see where he's at in the hand and confuse bad players.

Dan.
06-28-2006, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He is considered weak/tight

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think 9 NL hold 'em bracelets is weak/tight. People always criticize Phil's play, but I suspect it's his antics they don't like, not his playing. He's obviously doing something correct.

XXsooted
06-28-2006, 09:44 AM
On TV he usually plays super weak/tight, but he's obviously a good player so it's not like he can't change gears

Whitewash
06-28-2006, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On TV he usually plays super weak/tight

[/ QUOTE ]

No he doesn't. Like I said, he just makes little bets and raises to lead out. You just see how he folds a lot to people who reraise him.

BigPoppa
06-28-2006, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On TV he usually plays super weak/tight

[/ QUOTE ]

No he doesn't. Like I said, he just makes little bets and raises to lead out. You just see how he folds a lot to people who reraise him.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're also select which hands to broadcast based on the stereotypes they choose to push:

1) Matusow bluffing people out with total crap

2) Hellmuth making good laydowns and "dodging bullets"

3) Ivey being colding effective at eliminating people

4) Luske making great reads

5) Amateurs doing stupid amateur things