PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad to identified yourself ??

PHiLLeDINGUE
06-27-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm playing in many WSOP events and I was wondering if you think it is good or bad to have a T-shirt (or whatever) with your screen name or identification on it ??

are you gonna get less action from that...more ??

what do you think

Photoc
06-27-2006, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I I was wondering if you think it is good or bad to have a T-shirt (or whatever) with your screen name or identification on it ??

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt anyone will know who you are.

billyjex
06-27-2006, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I I was wondering if you think it is good or bad to have a T-shirt (or whatever) with your screen name or identification on it ??

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's one of the top Party 2k NL regulars and pretty well known amongst the high stakes NL crowd.

I don't whether it's good or bad, but it's kinda gay to wear your screenname on a shirt.

mike_oxbig
06-27-2006, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost choked on my juice when I read that.

ANnyone at 2k NL on party knows who this guy is.

Honestly if I saw you at the table and knew it was you I would give you less action.

[/ QUOTE ]

HEK
06-27-2006, 09:49 PM
I donnu about how much action. From those who know you I would say it would get you more action which you do want early on and don't want later on.

If you're gonna do it, have it embroidered on your hat/back of your hat. Don't wear a PHiLLeDINQUE Tshirt dear lord!

KennyBanya
06-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Maybe people should wear a shirt with the screen name of the worst player they know.

Peace,

KennyBanya

Photoc
06-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Everyone saw Mahatma on last year's broadcast though. I doubt anyone will believe you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MyTurn2Raise
06-28-2006, 12:46 AM
please don't

remember how toolish neverwin looked?

PHiLLeDINGUE
06-28-2006, 11:25 PM
I was not gonna wear a PhiLLeDINGUE t-shirt... hehe comon !!! but I was thinking about wearing a t-shirt with my internet web site adress since it's gonna be lunch soon ... is that as gay ?? like www.xxxx.com (http://www.xxxx.com)

and Photoc : if I'm asking that question , don't you think it is because I think some player might know you I am ??

RunDownHouse
06-28-2006, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, completely wrong spot for your typical condescension. I'm pretty sure people will recognize his name.

Pat Southern
06-28-2006, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

it's gay to wear your screenname on a shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

*TT*
06-28-2006, 11:47 PM
I can only advise from personal experience its often best to go semi-under the radar. I literally have been harassed by idiots who knew my screen name from 2+2 and therefore thought they could be my new best friend. Sometimes it has humorous results, other times its borderline stalker like.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

PickyTooth
06-29-2006, 12:09 AM
Phil why would you wanna let people you play against know your good at poker ?

unless you wanna advertise your site for business reasons i wouldnt see why youd wanna let people know who you are.

Dromar
06-29-2006, 01:59 AM
Personally, I prefer if my opponents don't know anything about anything.

Even if a player doesn't recognize your screenname, he'll probably recognize that it is a screenname, and he'll probably pay more attention to what you're doing (which is bad).

amb
06-29-2006, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Even if a player doesn't recognize your screenname, he'll probably recognize that it is a screenname, and he'll probably pay more attention to what you're doing (which is bad).

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question, I dont think there is any positive aspect as identifying yourself as a solid player.

So the opposite must be true…………

Hey guys if anyone wants to get together for coffee at the ME Ill be the guy wearing the "Professor77" hat.

Scottery
06-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Do not wear something that advertises your ability to play poker, and the fact that its would also look really gay/nerdy makes me not like the idea even more.

tedtodd
06-29-2006, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question, I dont think there is any positive aspect as identifying yourself as a solid player.

So the opposite must be true…………

Hey guys if anyone wants to get together for coffee at the ME Ill be the guy wearing the "" hat.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol- Professor77

hey...i think i've seen your instructional videos.

surfinillini
06-29-2006, 12:10 PM
this might be the stupidest thread in history

plus your grammar is terrible

just reading the title of the thread pisses me off and makes me thing you're not too bright

i am run
06-29-2006, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

just reading the title of the thread pisses me off and makes me thing you're not too bright

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean " 'think' you're not too bright?"

Ghazban
06-29-2006, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't OP French? I am much more forgiving of the grammar of people whose first language isn't English.

TheRailbirds
06-29-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm usually one to advertise my online screennames if asked. However, I can see it being -EV if this individual were to go home and play against me online. With the information he has received from playing against me, he should be better prepared to play against me online. Also, if I am unaware of his presence at my tables, it may be very difficult to play against this opponent even if I am more skilled.

mike
TheRailbirds

PHiLLeDINGUE
06-29-2006, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks all... I won't wear anything !!

and by the way I'm french canadian so sorry for my poor english...

and for the not too bright part... loll yep, you're right, I'm so dumb that I just think that I'm realy realy smart..but oh well... IQ doesn't matter in here and you probably all about me from that gay post !! GL on the side games dude

Wetdog
06-29-2006, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean " 'think' you're not too bright?"

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned

Or does that jopke piss you off too?

PickyTooth
06-29-2006, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you try to insults someones grammar try not to make mistakes yourself please, especially when english is your first language and not his.

douche.

drewjustdrew
06-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Go ahead and wear your name. Any time you can draw more live players to online, it is a good thing.

pavement
06-29-2006, 04:36 PM
I wore a Tuff Fish 33 shirt today and got unreal action at a 5/5 NL game. Some of the players seemed to call me with anything just to try and crack my big hands.

stickdude
06-29-2006, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's Vegas and all, but please wear something, even if it's not a T-shirt with your screenname. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

drewjustdrew
06-29-2006, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wore a Tuff Fish 33 shirt today and got unreal action at a 5/5 NL game. Some of the players seemed to call me with anything just to try and crack my big hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has nothing to do with your shirt. WSOP is always a collection of many of the worst players in the world.

PHiLLeDINGUE
06-29-2006, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's Vegas and all, but please wear something, even if it's not a T-shirt with your screenname. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

why so ?? shoes and a hat are not enough ?? /images/graemlins/grin.gif