PDA

View Full Version : $1500 NL Trip Report...

stevepa
06-27-2006, 05:31 PM
And what a trip report it will be...

So I went over to the Rio around 10am this morning. Turns out that was really unnecessary and I had all kinds of extra time. I went and grabbed a sandwich at Starbucks and ran into CSC and Bugstud. I'd sort of met CSC once when he was drunkenly asking me questions after the PCA...Anyways, both are nice guys.

Made my way over to the Stars "booth" which consisted of a table and a guy and a couple posters. Apparently most of the stuff had been delayed or something so they had no stars gear and no forms to sign. Talked to Victor Ramdin a bit (that's right, I know Victor Ramdin) and then started talking to a couple other guys, one of whom turned out to be Matt20 (not sure of his 2+2 name). He's also a super nice guy and it was made even better by the fact that the old guy who was also there couldn't seem to understand his british accent. "So your name is Max?" "No, it's MATT", "Oh ok...So Max, what about..." etc. etc. Right after that guy left, Rizen came up and introduced himself (that's right, I now know Rizen.) Matt and I both told him we thought he was 40 but he looks ~20 and then we all went into the tournament area.

The room was insane. I've never seen so many people or poker tables in one room. I eventually found my table and sat down, Nordberg sat to my right about 5 minutes later. Another very nice guy (I thought most poker players were jerks...?) A couple minutes later I was in a cab back to the Monte Carlo. The hand I posted in MTT, the guy had 5c4c and hit the flush. Then I pushed over an aggressive guy's raise to 75 for 500 with T9s and he called with 99. GG me.

I watched the rest of France/Spain and now I plan to sit around for a while. Probably go over to the Bellagio later for dinner (Noodles maybe?) and some cash games. Anyone interested in meeting up there, PM me or post here or email me at stevejpa at yahoo dot com.

edit: Hmm, I really thought I posted this in MTT Community...mods feel free to move it.

Steve

06-27-2006, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
edit: Hmm, I really thought I posted this in MTT Community...mods feel free to move it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, leave it. This guy won a WPT event, remember?

edit: Hey, aren't you that guy who won that WPT event? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pat Southern
06-27-2006, 05:41 PM
too short; didn't read.

Rizen
06-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Was great to meet you before the tournament. I wish I'd gotten to meet everyone at Starbucks beforehand, but I was worried I was going to be late to the Stars booth to sign the non-existent waiver /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Look forward to meeting more 2p2ers at some point, if there is another get together or anything (or even another informal meeting before event 3 at Starbucks tomorrow?) hopefully I'll meet more of you.

-Rizen

stevepa
06-28-2006, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was great to meet you before the tournament. I wish I'd gotten to meet everyone at Starbucks beforehand, but I was worried I was going to be late to the Stars booth to sign the non-existent waiver /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Look forward to meeting more 2p2ers at some point, if there is another get together or anything (or even another informal meeting before event 3 at Starbucks tomorrow?) hopefully I'll meet more of you.

-Rizen

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be at starbucks (or that cafe if the line isn't 128394 miles long) before the 2500 SHNL. If some people are playing that we could try to arrange something. I didn't end up playing any cash games today because lists were insane, so I plan to go over there after the soccer is done tomorrow.

Steve

Zinzan
06-28-2006, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then I pushed over an aggressive guy's raise to 75 for 500 with T9s and he called with 99. GG me.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh, sir!

-Z

robracing
06-28-2006, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Rizen

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be at starbucks (or that cafe if the line isn't 128394 miles long) before the 2500 SHNL. If some people are playing that we could try to arrange something. I didn't end up playing any cash games today because lists were insane, so I plan to go over there after the soccer is done tomorrow.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

No soccer today.

The World Cup now has two rest days before the Quarter Finals start on Friday.

stevepa
06-28-2006, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then I pushed over an aggressive guy's raise to 75 for 500 with T9s and he called with 99. GG me.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh, sir!

-Z

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Guy has been very aggressive, has folded to reraises twice before. Makes it 75 in the hijack I have 475 after posting with T9s in the bb. I would've pushed worse hands than that (before looking I was very tempted to push any two.)

ArsenalFan,

[ QUOTE ]
No soccer today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that sucks.

Steve

Zinzan
06-28-2006, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh, sir!

-Z

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Guy has been very aggressive, has folded to reraises twice before. Makes it 75 in the hijack I have 475 after posting with T9s in the bb. I would've pushed worse hands than that (before looking I was very tempted to push any two.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I didn't mean it as a slam. It's the same hand I went busto on. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nh, sir!

-Z

stevepa
06-28-2006, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I didn't mean it as a slam. It's the same hand I went busto on. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nh, sir!

-Z

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, alright then, ignore what I said /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steve

Zinzan
06-28-2006, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

nh, sir!

-Z

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, alright then, ignore what I said /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure are defensive for a WPT Champion! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, here's my tourney report (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6351729&an=0&page=0#Post 6351729). Appreciate your thoughts on any or all of my play. Especially the early JJ hand. Is this tourney just to shallow to lay that down?

-Z

2Fast
06-28-2006, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh, sir!

-Z

[/ QUOTE ]

ArsenalFan,

[ QUOTE ]
No soccer today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that sucks.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve - two words - Maria Sharapova (Wimbledon on all week long!!!)

stevepa
06-29-2006, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, here's my tourney report (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6351729&an=0&page=0#Post 6351729). Appreciate your thoughts on any or all of my play. Especially the early JJ hand. Is this tourney just to shallow to lay that down?

-Z

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice report. I probably fold the JJ too. I wouldn't be surprised if his range is pretty much AA-TT. Sucks he had the TT this time...Other than that, it sucks being card dead with such a crappy structure.

Steve