PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Championship Start Day

quadsonriver
06-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Someone told me that this year it is possible to choose the day you start the final event. I don't think that was ever possible before. Does anyone know if this is true?

WSOPChump
06-25-2006, 09:31 PM
i think last yr was the only yr that had a split day 1. dont think you had a choice.

Lawman007
06-25-2006, 09:46 PM
You can request a starting day this year, but there is no guarantee you will get the day you request. I got the day I requested, and I think most others have, as well.

ravenfan1733
06-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Yes, you can pick your start day until the day is full (they are accepting 2,000 players per day at this time but I have heard their "true" max is up to 2,300 players per day).

Most likely, as long as you request your day within the next 30 days or so, you will get what you want. There will be a TON of people who sign up within 48 hours of the first day - at least that's how its been the last couple of years.

Good luck!

JuntMonkey
06-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Was there ever any consensus about what starting day(s) will have the worst players? I would imagine Saturday and Sunday, as people who don't plan on lasting longer than a day wouldn't want to miss work. People had been saying Monday in a thread a couple of months ago (which doesn't make sense to me), and also arguing that the "pros" would want a longer break in-between and thus would go with Friday or Saturday.

kdotsky
07-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Any new thoughts on this? I'm thinking Monday would have less pros. But with the size of the field is one day really going to end up being much better (skill-wise) than another?

XXsooted
07-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Most will be at the end of a month of playing many events, so it makes sense that they would want a break in between days. I chose the first day so I could scoot on out if I bust.

Lawman007
07-17-2006, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But with the size of the field is one day really going to end up being much better (skill-wise) than another?

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it.

WSOPChump
07-17-2006, 11:54 PM
yeah i think im going to pick day 1A.
i think ill be playing my best on my first day in town and im not going to worry about anyone else in the field.

i.e. i think whatever day is most comfortable for you is best.
if i spend a few days in vegas i wont sleep and ill play like crap. so maybe i could get some chips on day 1 before this happens

slogger
07-27-2006, 01:56 AM
Finally got my info from Full Tilt. Will be starting on Saturday (1B). Who's with me?