PDA

View Full Version : "Holdem Assistant" What is this program?

veganmav
01-18-2006, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hold'em Assistant (http://www.holdemassistant.com)

Is it allowed by party?
Has anyone heard about this?
thanks..

ghostface
01-18-2006, 02:34 PM
It scrapes the screen for realtime stats. Not allowed.

Loke
01-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Only on some poker clients are the screen read to obtain the cards on the table. And there is nothing disallowed in that. Several other major poker programs does the same thing. In fact, I've been in contact with a supporter of one of the larger Prima sites, and this supporter was using Hold'em Assistant himself!

SamIAm
01-19-2006, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Only on some poker clients are the screen read. ... one of the larger Prima sites

[/ QUOTE ]The OP asked about Party, though, and it sounds like you're violating that one.

Nice to see you've stepped-up and admitted to being affiliated with Holdem Assistant. For a while there, you were shillin' like a villian.
-Sam

Loke
01-20-2006, 05:11 AM
I've never hidden the fact, that I am the developer of Hold'em Assistant. As a matter of fact, I've posted that fact a couple of times here previously. No reason to hide it, as I don't think I have anything at all to be ashamed of in that regard - on the contrary /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hold'em Assistant does not read the screen at all on the Party client (it isn't necessary). Only the handhistory files. On Party Poker, Hold'em Assistant works in much the same way as Pokertracker with an add-on or Poker Office, just to name a few examples.

There is definately no violation of Party Terms of Use going on.