PDA

View Full Version : Flaw in Hollywood Poker's Reward Program

terrellk11
06-24-2006, 04:21 PM
I joined Hollywood poker this month and after about 10 days have more than doubled the requirements to reach the top level of their rewards program (Titanium). I took a look at the benefits of that program today and realized that they are essentially useless for ring game players like myself. One of the primary benefits is that you get entries into a series of five freeroll tournies to be held the following month, and I've also received entries into 4 other tourneys. However, I have a 13 week old at home so I can't exactly plan on playing a solid three or four hours of time to play in a tournament. I asked Live Help if there was some way to exchange them or even to give them to someone else, but was told no.

Keep this in mind if you're a ring-game-only player - the comps you get for playing a lot each month aren't going to be very useful.

WordWhiz
06-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Is there any site that isn't like this? I can't think of one off hand that rewards you with anything but tourney entries. What would they give ring-game players? Blinds on us for the next ten orbits? Names of the fishiest players on the site? (actually that'd be pretty sweet)

grouchie
06-24-2006, 04:37 PM
um, can't you use points to buy extra deposit bonus's?

i could have swore that was hollywood, but maybe i'm remembering wrong and it could have been a different site.

dieharder
06-24-2006, 05:03 PM
op has a point, hollywood's 'silver\gold' level is not as useful as other sites. like on PokerStars, if you reach the highest level 'supernova', they will treat you very differently

terrellk11
06-24-2006, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any site that isn't like this? I can't think of one off hand that rewards you with anything but tourney entries. What would they give ring-game players? Blinds on us for the next ten orbits? Names of the fishiest players on the site? (actually that'd be pretty sweet)

[/ QUOTE ]

How about Stars, Party, Full Tilt, or any of the other dozens of sites that reward you with gift certificates, books, electronics, or pretty much anything else your heart desires? Or how about Bugsy's, Pacific and some of the Prima's that allow you to turn their points into cash?

I just don't get rewarding ring game players with tourney entries. I know lots of sites do it, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

BigBiceps
06-24-2006, 10:14 PM
I am pretty sure HWP has a thing where you can just trade your points in for cash directly.

5000 points = $25

You can also trade for more bonus or other crud.

TobDog
06-24-2006, 11:14 PM
You can turn 5000 points int $25, which is not exactly great, but it is free cash, I did get an email a few days ago that suggested they will be adding items, I believe they used the term "purchase gear", currently the only thing you can purchase is a calendar. So, I think with the ipod reload, etc, they are working on some dort of store I would imagine like Party/Stars/Absolute/FT, etc.

HPC
06-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Hey terrellk1k,

As some of the other members have pointed out, our clubHOLLYWOODpoker loyalty program offers more than the $1000-$5000 monthly freeroll tournaments. As a cHP member you have the option to exchange your poker points for tickets to several different tournaments, merchandise or cash. You can also buy-a-bonus or a celebrity'heads-up' challenge.

The clubHOLLYWOODpoker program is quite new and we have plans to continue to make it bigger and getter, so we'd love to hear your suggestions. Please feel free to email us or come on over and post your comments in our forum.

Cheers,

Julie