PDA

View Full Version : Extra hotel room problem

F0LD--IT
06-23-2006, 06:06 PM
I booked on vegas.com to go promote [something i'm selling] during the event.Then i won my seat on Poker Stars. Its my first time in Vegas so im taking the hotel deal with PS. what can i do with this hotel room i have??????????

Riveria check in july 27th, check out July 31st

edited by microbob.

MicroBob
06-23-2006, 06:23 PM
I would just take the cash from pokerstars since you already have a hotel-room.

Stars offers you the room if you want it, but they give you extra cash instead IF you already have your accomodations taken care of.
You already have your accomodations taken care of, so why would you take another room?

F0LD--IT
06-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Its a much better hotel and its my first time in Vegas plus im IN the Main Event, so i guess it will make a better experience with 9 nights at TI

AlaskaGal
06-23-2006, 06:51 PM
That's why I never book thru those kind of sites. I always book with the hotel direct. When you book thru Vegas.com you can't cancel. You also can't get the poker rate. I never understand why people actually recommend those travel sites to book rooms. It's a bad deal if you need to cancel or change. Zero flexibility. Chalk that one up to a lesson learned.

robracing
06-24-2006, 02:48 AM
It's no help to the OP, but the way to do it is as follows:

1. Spend half an hour searching across the various discount hotel websites. Good resources include expedia.com, travelaxe.com, i4vegas.com, vegas.com, travelworm.com, hoteldiscounts.com etc.

2. Once you have found the best discount rate for your chosen property for the required dates, call the hotel direct and they will almost always match the rate, but you only need to spring for a 1 night deposit, rather pay for the full stay, as you do on the discount sites.

3. Here is the best bit! As often as you have time leading up to your trip, do another quick search around and see if you can find a better deal. If you find one, call the hotel again, and they will now match the new lower rate. (They will ALWAYS match under these circumstances, for fear that you will cancel with them, and book with the discount site).