PDA

View Full Version : Poker Players Alliance Bonus (PPA)

wdbaker
01-18-2006, 01:15 AM
Hi all,
Just got back and no recent posting on this bonus, is the PPA bonus still good?

Is it still 20% to $100 with Party?

I just pay $20 to PPA and then enter my registration # for the bonus code at Party?

Sorry, that was all the info I could find but haven't seen anyone get it since the 13th and of course Party is clueless when you call /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the help

wdbaker Denver, Co
One Street at a Time

ltb
01-18-2006, 01:42 AM
there's still a huge thread on this that was active today.

but to answer your question, you give PPA $15 and put in your 10 digit registration code as the bonus code on party. you'll probably have to call/e-mail to get it credited.

george w
01-18-2006, 04:23 AM
i just got my shirt today

Guyon
01-18-2006, 04:49 AM
What's the damn website for the PPA? Cant find it on the web!

Schwartzy61
01-18-2006, 05:29 AM
I found it in 2 minutes, let's see if you can beat my time...

Davey
01-18-2006, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i just got my shirt today

[/ QUOTE ]

me too. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't bother to look on the site for one. Registered on 12/20. And for not knowing the website, are you serious? I tried a few combinations and all of them worked so I don't know what you must be trying.

froggy527
01-18-2006, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i just got my shirt today

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!

Packard
01-18-2006, 03:10 PM
I got my shirt and I also got a lapel pin and a membership card to the PPA. Good organization

wdbaker
01-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Yes there is a long thread on this in "internet bonuses" but the last documented person to receive the bonus from Party was actually on the 12th as per the afformentioned thread.

So if someone has done this yesterday or today and got there bonus with out problem then please let me know.

Thanks all

wdbaker Denver, Co
One Street at a Time

SackUp
01-19-2006, 04:11 PM
I just signed up today and made my deposit bonus today with my registration code. 1/19/2006 12noon PST

The bonus did not show up so I emailed info@partypoker.com with my PPA info and my Party info and they put the bonus in my account in like 10 minutes. I was actually rather impressed with their service for a change.

So yes you can still get the 100 bonus for signing up with PPA. You just need to email them after you deposit.

wdbaker
01-19-2006, 06:22 PM
so was it a 20% up to $100 so deposit $500 to get the max?

Thanks
wdbaker
One Street at a Time

321Mike
01-19-2006, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i just got my shirt today

[/ QUOTE ]
I got mine yesterday. And it came from the same place all my Party Poker swag comes from. Are they just using the same distributor or does PPA = Party Poker?

mr2good
01-20-2006, 06:56 PM
How does this work? Can you get the 20% bonus everytime you deposit? Can I get the bonus, cash out, then redeposit and get the bonus again in the same month?

Rockatansky
01-20-2006, 10:07 PM
I just deposited $500 into Party in order to get the PPA bonus. However, as soon as my deposit processed, the cashier displayed the following message:

Get $25 NOW with no restrictions! US players only, limited time offer: Become a full member of the Poker Players Alliance now ($20 per year, no recurring fees) and we will add $25 to your PartyPoker account immediately. The Poker Player Alliance is a non profit organization focused on keeping poker legal through advocacy work in Washington DC and throughout the nation. Your membership is needed so please Click here and join now.

I emailed Party to see what is up, and I will post an update as soon as I hear from them. Looks like I just got the shaft.

illogical
01-20-2006, 11:11 PM
I tried the PPA bonus using using the 10 digit registration code but it didn't work. Emailed a party rep and he said the PPA bonus is no longer active, however, he was nice enough to give me a "comp bonus" as a replacement, although I had to email customer service several times before they actually added it to my bonus account. /images/graemlins/mad.gif but I ain't complainin' /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SHnewbie
01-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Got the same thing:

Thank you for contacting us.

The PPABONUS you are referring to is no more available. Hence, we are sorry to inform you that you cannot get that bonus.

Any recommendations? I made two deposits. One for the January $100 bonus and one for this one. Only got the January bonus. Anyone get the comp bonus and the Jan bonus?

illogical
01-20-2006, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Got the same thing:

Thank you for contacting us.

The PPABONUS you are referring to is no more available. Hence, we are sorry to inform you that you cannot get that bonus.

Any recommendations? I made two deposits. One for the January $100 bonus and one for this one. Only got the January bonus. Anyone get the comp bonus and the Jan bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]
I made back to back $500 deposits and got both of them /images/graemlins/smile.gif

illogical
01-20-2006, 11:34 PM
here's the email exchange I had with party if it's any help. They got me a little mad with their dumb rep but in the end everything turned out alright /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Dear shark,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am glad to inform you that the 20% bonus has been added to your
account, but it is not yet available for you to use.

You will be able to use this bonus amount, once you have completed
playing the required number of raked hands.

Since you have received a bonus in the amount of $100, just play 500
raked hands before 19-FEB-2006 14:14 EST and your bonus will be available
to use. You can always check the status of your bonus and how many
raked hands you have played, just by clicking on the **Cashier** option on
our Lobby, and then clicking on **Bonus Account**.

A raked hand is any hand in which a rake (service fee) is taken out of
the pot. A player is considered to have played a raked hand when cards
have been dealt and the hand has generated at least $0.01 in rake for
that player.

To accumulate raked hands, just participate in hands (any live game,
any limit) where a rake is taken. The 'buy-in' of a tournament, does not
contribute to your accumulated raked hands. Furthermore, as there is no
rake taken in tournament hands, you cannot obtain raked hands through
tournaments. The amount of rake collected appears as a small chip stack
next to the dealer tray.

For more information about our rake structure please check out the
following URL from our website:

http://www.partypoker.com/games/rake.html

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

MadhuC
Poker Customer Care

Date: 2006-01-20 10:54
To: info@partypoker.com
Subject: RE:PPA Bonus did not show up

Yes, I would like the bonus, so please add it to my account, thanks.

info@partypoker.com wrote: Dear ,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry, but the Poker Players Alliance (PPA) bonus is no longer
active.

However, as a goodwill gesture, we will give you a 20% (up to a max of
$100) bonus on your deposit amount. If you accept our offer, please get
back to us confirming the same. We will then issue the bonus to your
account.

I see that you have a $100 bonus pending in your account for using the
bonus code 25TO100JAN.

To get this bonus released, you have to play 1000 raked hands before
26-JAN-2006 23:47 EST.

A raked hand is any raked hand in which a rake (house drop) is taken
out of the pot. To accumulate raked hands, just participate in hands (any
game, any limit) where a rake is taken. There is no rake taken in
tournament hands, hence you cannot obtain raked hands through tournaments.
Raked hands can be accumulated only by playing in live games.

A raked hand is any hand in which a rake (house drop) is taken out of
the pot. A player is considered to have played a raked hand if he or she
has contributed 1 cent or more in rake in that hand.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Aren
Poker Customer Care