PDA

View Full Version : CLOSE WSOP HOTEL/W WIRELESS INTERNET

splashthap0t
06-23-2006, 01:24 AM
I'll be in town for july 9th-20th then back for the main event...I usually stay at the mgm or hooters but their very far away from the rio. What hotels are close, reasonably priced and have wireless high speed? Rio looks great and cheap but it seems no wireless available? Is Ballys ok?
Thanks in advance for help!!

Gotmilk
06-23-2006, 02:51 AM
are you planning on walking from bally's? if you just want a cheap cab ride, try the hampton inn on trop and dean martin, dean martin runs right up to the rio and they have wireless internet. i don't know about their rates, but maybe if you call they have an extended stay discount.

SkandarAkbar
06-23-2006, 03:43 AM
Palace Station is a decent option, short cab, wireless, fairly cheap off-strip property.

MyTurn2Raise
06-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Bally's is close to a free shuttle

Just so everyone knows
There is a free shuttle from Harrah's to the Rio
There is a free shuttle from Barbary Coast to the Gold Coast (across the street from the rio) every 15 minutes

Of course, tips are a great thing

It is much easier to get to the Rio area and back than some of you are making it out to be

Strumey
06-23-2006, 04:59 PM
what is the one across the street from the Rio? Is that Orleans? I cant remember, but that is close enough to walk.

Are there any others you can walk from? I prefer walking if possible.

CheckRaise
06-23-2006, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is the one across the street from the Rio? Is that Orleans? I cant remember, but that is close enough to walk.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Palms

Ribsauce
06-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Are you going to play poker on the wireless internet? Ususally I'm not too worried about stuff like that, but I would never log onto any gambling accounts via wireless internet in a Vegas hotel. Your info could be stolen way too easily and I would imagine a person who would do stuff like that would probably try it in a Vegas hotel while the WSOP is going on. Hell, I can't think of a better target to do such things if I was into that crap

There are certain reasons and places you stick to accessing the internet via a hardline, and playing poker online in a Vegas hotel during the WSOP might very well be number one on that list

MicroBob
06-23-2006, 10:48 PM
I think we've determined that playing wirelessly at an internet-cafe or hotel isn't as dangerous as some make it out to be.

I don't know much about that stuff...but I have done it a lot and never had a problem.

Anyway, goldCoast is right next door to the Rio and the rooms are actually not as sucky as you might think for the price.
their wireless-internet costs $10/day though...but I think that is becoming more and more standard at many hotels these days.
Treasure Island also has wireless for $10/day.

I'm really surprised the MGM (or practically any place) wouldn't have wireless.

robracing
06-24-2006, 01:12 AM
MGM has WiFi throughout the guest rooms part of the property at $9.95/day.

Imperial Palace also has WiFi in guest rooms at $9.95/day or $50/week.

GrannyMae
06-24-2006, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think we've determined that playing wirelessly at an internet-cafe or hotel isn't as dangerous as some make it out to be.

I don't know much about that stuff...but I have done it a lot and never had a problem.

Anyway, goldCoast is right next door to the Rio and the rooms are actually not as sucky as you might think for the price.
their wireless-internet costs $10/day though...but I think that is becoming more and more standard at many hotels these days.
Treasure Island also has wireless for $10/day.

I'm really surprised the MGM (or practically any place) wouldn't have wireless.

[/ QUOTE ]

last year i paid 50 cents total at goldcoast by tolerating dial-up. local calls were 50 cents, but i connected through an AOL dial-up number on the first day and stayed connected the entire time.

get a vegas acess number for your isp. use your cell for your calls.

Phntm
06-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Why would they give you free-wireless? So you spend less time/money at their games? Lets face it being online eats up many hours (many more if playin poker online) and proffits for them, so its kinda a no-brainer, you wanna surf the net, you gotta pay out the ass..
10 a day is crazy when most people get high speed cable for like 50 a month.

sarahbellum
06-24-2006, 03:31 PM
The Gold Coast is right across the street from the Rio, and they have high speed internet, and they have cheap room rates. If you want wireless, I think you'll need to bring your own wireless router.

RevAgain
06-24-2006, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i connected through an AOL dial-up number

[/ QUOTE ]

Why doesn't it surprise me you're an AOL user?

http://www.break.com/index/aolhell.html

http://utterlyboring.com/archives/2003/06/13/how_to_cancel_an_aol_account_in_3_minutes.php

GrannyMae
06-24-2006, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't it surprise me you're an AOL user?

[/ QUOTE ]

proud member since 1996 when there was not even an unlimited plan yet.

GrannyMae
06-24-2006, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

http://www.break.com/index/aolhell.html

[/ QUOTE ]

WOO

priceless