PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 Start Time ??

Hotrod0823
06-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Finally got my start date confirmation. It Day 1B at 12 Noon. Now the "official" web site has it at 12 then the actual page with structures and such has it at 11.

Any one know if its 11 or 12?

scottc25
06-23-2006, 09:28 AM
I assume 11am. I noticed the discrepancy as well. Get there @ 3pm like Phil and there will be no worries.

06-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Call Harrah's for clarity, but I'd show up at 10:30 regardless.

Where did you qulaify through and how did you go about finding our your start day?

Hotrod0823
06-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Stars.

It was more difficult than it should've been. I actually got someone else's confirmation about 3 weeks ago and went on a wild goose chase between stars, the company that coordinates everything for stars and the Rio.

About once a week I sent reminder emails because of all the confusion and asked when I should be getting my correct confirmation.

The company that does all the registrations was very helpful and told me early this week that last week I had been "offically" entered and to expect a confirmation from the rio by Friday. I got it late last night and they told be what day I play.

Can't recall exactly but think day 1B was my first choice. I get in late Thursday have Friday to relax a bit and then get started on Saturday with out sitting around until sunday or monday in anticipation.

They also said that the hotel confirmation should be out shortly. Incidently I'm at the Monte Carlo.

ravenfan1733
06-23-2006, 03:43 PM
I e-mailed them with the same question PLUS I noticed the web site says they are having 120 minute rounds (supposedly they were going to do 100 minute rounds this year).

They responded by saying they believe no changes have been made to my confirmation (12 noon still good) but they would forward my question to a different department. Still haven't heard anything.

Anyone who knows for sure whether it is 100 or 120 minute rounds, please let me know.

Kevmath
06-23-2006, 04:57 PM
The website lists at the moment 11am start time for Days 1 and 120 minute levels. I think it'll be safe to assume that they will change the levels to 100 minutes eventually.