PDA

View Full Version : Team PokerBlue swapping 1%. Would you want this?

snelgrave
06-22-2006, 06:17 PM
So if you win a spot into thte WSOP ME through PokerBlue, you will swap 1% of your action with all 24 other Team PokerBlue members, including the captains Ted Forest and Yosh Nakano. This leaves 75% for yourself. So fellow 2+2ers, would you want this condition thinking of it as a hedge, or would you want all 100% for yoursef. Keep in mind the potential relative skill level in your "teammates."

http://www.pokerblue.com/newsmanager/templates/promos.asp?articleid=15&zoneid=6

Wongboy
06-22-2006, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So fellow 2+2ers, would you want this condition thinking of it as a hedge, or would you want all 100% for yoursef. Keep in mind the potential relative skill level in your "teammates."

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting concept. I like the variance reduction aspect, but I'm not sure that I would entirely trust the skills of the average internet qualifier.

I am actually doing a straight 3 way chop with 2 others in event #2 next week. We are all somewhat donkish, so relative skill level is not a major issue. Our reasons for doing this include both logical (variance reduction) and social.

This made me think of an idea. Would it make sense to have a "Team 2+2" where a team of maybe 25 2+2ers trade 1%. Obviously there would be huge trust issues (regarding integrity and skill level, but you might be able to overcome these by using a formal legal document and limiting membership to people who are known to be decent players.

AlwaysAir
06-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Swapping is usually mostly a superstition to take off the bad luck edge... but it's an interesting concept. I'm not sure I'd want to swap with perfect strangers though. But I'd swap 3% with Ted anyday.

MCS
06-23-2006, 12:01 AM
Well, at the very least, it makes it obvious who you're supposed to be softplaying. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

wrschultz
06-23-2006, 03:00 AM
Both Ted Forest and Yosh Nakano are solid players, and I would gladly trade percentages with either of them... The rest of the qualifiers on the other hand..... I don't think I would take this hedge if I'm given the option.

MicroBob
06-23-2006, 03:09 AM
Didn't know Ted Forest was a part of PokerBlue.
Thought he was on the FullTilt gang.

I played a $225 tournament last year with a 2+2'er I know over at the Palms which was running lots of tourneys during WSOP time.

About 5 minutes in he comes and finds me and says, "Forgot to ask you. Do you want to do some sort of 25% swap in each other."

I considered him to be a better tourney player than me (and he knows this) so I jumped at the offer.
hadn't even occured to me to do something like this.
25% felt kinda big but he's better than me afterall so I'm hardly going to try to negoiate down to 10% or something.

I practically felt like I was the one angle-shooting as it was definitely +EV for me.

Anyway, I busted out shortly after the 1st break or so. hadn't slept in awhile so I went back to my room to crash-out.
While I was sleeping he took 2nd in the tourney.

Easiest $1k I ever made!!