PDA

View Full Version : Who would help sponsor a sight-impaired (blind) person for the WSOP?

MediaPA
06-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Hmm, this would be interesting in my humble opinion.

It could be possible to convey the cards to the player via a type of camera/ear piece arrangement or something along those lines. The dealer could verbally read the board as dealt for the player. Putting the chips in the pot would be challenging, but not much worse than Funston in the US Poker Championships. Have the dealer call bets and raises. The player declaring would be better (at least give the guy a verbal tell), but some would definitely oppose this rule. Players beside him could help with stacking the chips in pots that he wins.

ESPN would have a field day with this kind of thing. To make it truly legendary, he would need to play literally blind (no knowledge of cards) for the blind raises and checking in the dark at every chance, etc.

ESPN's dream to show up at one of these events would be a blind, deaf, elderly woman of a 'minority' race who swears one time. They might like a mute as well, but I would love for someone like this to berate Matesow when he talks about being so unlucky losing coinflips or something stupid like that. 'Oh yeah, you are so unlucky.'

You can pick 2 boxes. Number 4 will be the obvious winner.

MediaPA
06-22-2006, 04:37 PM

El Ishmael
06-22-2006, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ESPN would have a field day with this kind of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.mypsp.com.au/img/wallpaper/thumb/cartman4eva18.jpg

Gunny Highway
06-22-2006, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Botchman
06-22-2006, 04:56 PM
This is amongst the dumbest post's I've seen on here, and the number is very very small.

DVaut1
06-22-2006, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It could be possible to convey the cards to the player via a type of camera/ear piece arrangement or something along those lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Braille playing cards have been around for like a century now, I think.

MediaPA
06-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Fair enough, could someone at the table change the markings somehow? That would create an interesting controversy as well.

This wasn't really meant as a very serious topic, but a mod decided it belonged here versus OOT where 'outside the box' ideas are common.