PDA

View Full Version : Empire Poker - Home Of The 30x Bonus!

Cry Me A River
01-17-2006, 11:43 PM
They just don't get it, do they?

[ QUOTE ]

Dear XXXX,

You have been awarded a bonus amount of 10.00 and the money has been added into your account. You are free to use this bonus amount to play at Empire Poker. However, if you wish to cashout the 10.00, you will need to play 300 raked hands before 25-JAN-2006 EST.

If the above conditions are not met, your bonus will expire.
For Details and disclaimer click http://www.empirepoker.com/offers/cashout_restriction.htm.

Hope you are having an exciting time playing at Empire Poker. Do check the latest promotions by visiting our monthly events calendar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I'd better hurry and deposit before the stampede back to Empire...

EricW
01-17-2006, 11:45 PM
LMAO! Wow that 10$ bonus is amazing!

Brice
01-18-2006, 12:31 AM
This is a bonus block. It could mean that they are doing another reload soon.

mosquito
01-18-2006, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlikely. They just had one after the 1st. Probably be something in a few weeks, maybe around the super bowl.

jah7_fsu1
01-18-2006, 02:54 AM
For a newbie to whoring...what's a bonus "block?"

Pov
01-18-2006, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For a newbie to whoring...what's a bonus "block?"

[/ QUOTE ]

When they give you some really crap bonus with large clearing requirements right before a good or decent bonus, thus forcing you to clear the crap bonus first.

I've had it happen to me twice - once I emailed and had the first bonus removed and the other time I just played through it because I was going to be playing enough hands that week to clear both anyway.

Cry Me A River
01-18-2006, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That huge $10 bonus expires on the 25th (next week) so if it's a block, they'll have to do the real bonus soon, like this week-end or something...

TWolf2006
01-18-2006, 01:15 PM
I received this too. It only took me 4 raked hands and I was done. Allin.

cdxx
01-18-2006, 01:23 PM
i got this bonus, and the $100 Jan 1st bonus. the reload cleared first with 1000 hands, the $10 was released with 0 hands. i cashed out, so *shrug*

flight2q
01-19-2006, 12:48 AM
At beginning of Jan they gave me the $10 blocking bonus. Didn't bother with it. Then in the middle of the month they give me a 12x $25 bonus (still 300 hands). Maybe I'll do it.

Sure hope this isn't their grand plan. They need to find brand new players and fish up the site.

1ThirdHorsePower
01-19-2006, 01:19 AM
Um,

The $10 you are free to use. you need only play 300 hands to WITHDRAw, not access the fudns. You can play with it right now.

henrix77
01-19-2006, 08:16 AM
I got suckered into one of these a while back myself. Empire sends me the "hey, c'mon back, we put $10 in your account" message, I come back for probably 25-30 hands or so. While clearing (just wasting time, obviously), I get AA cracked by QQ. No big deal, right? I just lose the $10 in "free money" they gave me, right? Not exactly.

I just received my rakeback payment from my affiliate. Not mentioning any names, but they're rather large, and their main customer contact there has a name that rhymes with Schmessica. Anyway...my rakeback payment was shorted by $9 and some change because of the Empire bonus deal.

So in other words...not that great of an enticement. Feels like I lost $10. Oh well...

WhatDoesCallMean
01-19-2006, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just received my rakeback payment from my affiliate. Not mentioning any names, but they're rather large, and their main customer contact there has a name that rhymes with Schmessica. Anyway...my rakeback payment was shorted by $9 and some change because of the Empire bonus deal.

So in other words...not that great of an enticement. Feels like I lost $10. Oh well...

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're not planning on playing at empire in the foreseeable future, you should follow the advice given by jess....close your account cos these dumb bonuses will reduce your mgr

thedustbustr
01-19-2006, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
these dumb bonuses will reduce your mgr

[/ QUOTE ]
Clearing a bonus is practically always yields a greater increase in BB/100 than rakeback does. It just goes into a different column in the spreadsheets. You gain $25 in cash, you lose $25 in rakeback, but the rate at which the $25 clears is much faster than the rate at which rakeback accumulates.

In other words, yes, it reduces your MGR. No, it DOES NOT reduce your profit.

In the case of the 30x $10 at Empire the OP mentioned you'd have to run the math but if it clears less than rakeback accumulates it's probably a very close call. Go ahead and get it removed if you think it makes a difference, but this is hardly ever the case (most bonii are not 30x).

WiSeIVIaN
01-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Ya, but say your gonna get $200 in a given month via rakeback at empire. If you clear a $100 bonus that month you will receive $100 total+$100rakeback. The fact that it clears faster is irrelivent if you play enough at the site. So bonus>rakeback unless rakeback amount>bonus amount, then rakeback=bonus. (not including sites like UB and absolute of course.

_brady_
01-20-2006, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ya, but say your gonna get $200 in a given month via rakeback at empire. If you clear a $100 bonus that month you will receive $100 total+$100rakeback. The fact that it clears faster is irrelivent if you play enough at the site. So bonus>rakeback unless rakeback amount>bonus amount, then rakeback=bonus. (not including sites like UB and absolute of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonuses deduct from your MGR, not your rakeback payment.

thedustbustr
01-20-2006, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is just wrong. reread my post. though honestly the difference between bonus then rakeback and skipping the bonus, for a regular 10x $100 bonus, is probably only something like 30 bucks.

Angelic_Ace
02-01-2006, 04:27 PM
I got 50 from them today, 300 raked hands to withdraw it. That's a solid deal IMO.

Shooternewt
02-01-2006, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got 50 from them today, 300 raked hands to withdraw it. That's a solid deal IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got 50 as well. Prior to this offer I got 10 then 25. I did neither of those offers. Looks like I will be at NL50 tonight, unless there is a chance I can hold out for $100 with a 300 raked requirement.