PDA

View Full Version : Pacific poker joke???

guillaumezur
06-22-2006, 11:47 AM
i register yesterday in order to have the bonus of 100$

and today there is a message saying that a new software is available but no way to download it and the one on their site seems to be the oldest one

someone have this problem too????

DuderinoAB
06-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Welcome to the (not so) wonderful world of Pacific Poker...you can play there risk free so its great if you're just starting out and don't have a bankroll. Other that you should avoid this site like the plague. I started out playing there and owe my online success to them because I got started risk free when I had no money of my own to put out there. However, the slow cashouts, lack of bonuses, and nightmarish support were enough to drive me away once I built a roll big enough to get started on my own. For a new player I would recommend playing here until you go bust or make it to $500. Then go elsewhere.

golfinguy5
06-22-2006, 07:30 PM
What bonus are we talking about here?

BigBiceps
06-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Deposit $400, get $100, withdraw $400. Try to clear the $100 as a freeroll.

tonew
06-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Inital depsoit bonus. 25% up to $100.

It is credited upfront and then you are able to withdraw you inital $400.

Royal Vegas is running the exact same style bonus at the moment with 100% up to $100.

It is credited upfront (after 24hours) and then you are able to withdraw you inital $100.

You then need to meet wagering requirements to cash out the bonus portion.

If you win additional to your bonus you can withdraw your winnings as well just make sure you leave your bonus amount in until you have meet the reqs.

Most players will not play until their withdrawal (initial deposit)is back in their hands, thus ensuring they are playing risk free with their bonus money.

There are plenty of arguements to the ethics of this and the fact that the bonus money once received is your money therefore you are not actually playing risk free.

jah7_fsu1
06-23-2006, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There are plenty of arguements to the ethics of this and the fact that the bonus money once received is your money therefore you are not actually playing risk free.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are still playing risk free...deposit, get you initial deposit back. Here's 100 dollars all you have to do is meet some requirements to attain it. If you don't meet them no money has been lost to you...it really is that easy, it's a free roll basically, play some higher stakes and hope to hit a monster run. I see what your saying, but it still is risk free if you define risk free as you cannot lose money you've deposited at it. If you define risk free as having a 100 dollar bonus up front credited to you that is automatically "yours" then your just asking for to much.

DuderinoAB
06-23-2006, 03:01 PM
If you have a decent bankroll then you should definitely play higher stakes with this money. The bonus is 20x so you are crazy if you say that you should just try to clear this. If that's what you wanna do then more power to ya. If you don't have a nice size roll or if you are just starting like I did and want to us this money as your bankroll then I would recommend playing either the $5.50 SNGs or the 10NL games. Both are EXTREMELY soft. This, like Royal Vegas is really what I would recommend if you're just starting out. Other than that I would say just freeroll it and have some fun. Having fun is always +EV

Reef
06-23-2006, 07:01 PM
just read the title: yes, pacific poker is a joke

Keys Myaths
07-02-2006, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have a decent bankroll then you should definitely play higher stakes with this money. The bonus is 20x so you are crazy if you say that you should just try to clear this. If that's what you wanna do then more power to ya. If you don't have a nice size roll or if you are just starting like I did and want to us this money as your bankroll then I would recommend playing either the $5.50 SNGs or the 10NL games. Both are EXTREMELY soft. This, like Royal Vegas is really what I would recommend if you're just starting out. Other than that I would say just freeroll it and have some fun. Having fun is always +EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wanted to attest to the 10NL games. Started out the bonus (didn't realize I could just cash out and play for free--doing that now), and was down 40 quickly on 25NL. Went down to 10NL, got that back in TWO HOURS.

stephan
07-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Why exactly is this site hated so much? From what i've read, the tables are pretty soft and according to bonuswhores.com, the bonus clears at $1.54/hour which is better than doing a poker room reload.