PDA

View Full Version : Bodog Main Event Qualifier Discussion

renodoc
06-22-2006, 12:51 AM
I won a ME seat on May 28th and promptly returned all the paperwork. Bodog told me they sent my registration to the WSOP right away. In the meantime I pre-registered for a prelim event and wired the $$$. I received confirmation about the prelim event about 8 days later via email.

I still haven't heard from the Rio about my ME registration so I emailed both the WSOP and Bodog. Bodog showed me registered for the ME with a day 1C start (as requested)and they sent me a copy of the list that they had received from the Rio-- however when I emailed the Rio myself they claimed to have no record of my info for the main event. This seems very strange... anyone else with a similar story?

OrcaDK
06-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Sorry for hijack, but what's the WSOP/Rio email you contacted them at?

LearnedfromTV
06-22-2006, 01:00 PM
I just faxed my forms yesterday and haven't heard back. Will call the Rio when I do and post results.

Would be great in the meantime to hear from Bodog winners who have had everything go smoothly.

SargeAZ
06-22-2006, 01:36 PM
I won my seat on Sun 6/18, sent my registration to Bodog on Tue 6/20 and Bodog said they would send in my registration and wire the $ and told me it would take 3 to 4 weeks. I hope it is sooner than that but I guess I gotta just play the waiting game /images/graemlins/frown.gif

-SargeAZ

olivert
06-22-2006, 01:42 PM
I have not heard from Harrah's either even though I won my ME seat on May 6 and my Event 2 seat on May 24 via Bodog.

I have fired off an email to Serge at Bodog.

Botchman
06-22-2006, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have not heard from Harrah's either even though I won my ME seat on May 6 and my Event 2 seat on May 24 via Bodog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to worry you but WOW...Event #2 is in like 5 day's and you still haven't got confirmation???

Bond18
06-22-2006, 02:55 PM
I also reg'd through bodog but hvan't returned the forms yet. How do i offically request a specific ME starting day, i've got a wedding to go to.

Gotmilk
06-22-2006, 03:00 PM
I am going over to Rio today to sign Degen and myself up for Event #2, and while I'm there I'll ask about the status of my Main Event entry. Bodog said they'd credit the $2500 to account at same time they wired the money to Rio, and I received the $2500 about a week ago.

Botchman
06-22-2006, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you get your cash yet????

stan1541
06-22-2006, 04:08 PM
I won my seat on May 8th, and got my confirmation on June 1st, and my money on the 4th. I had to nudge Serge a little on the cash, but he can't do anything about Harrah's. Call him or email him and ask him nicely, he doesn't respond well to demands!!

JackOfSpeed
06-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Won seat in early May, reg. confirmed by Harrah's about 3.5 weeks later...

olivert
06-22-2006, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you get your cash yet????

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I got my cash from Bodog.

I had the same problem with Harrah's last year. I never got an email confirmation for my main event registration for 3 months after I had qualified via PokerStars. I had to keep checking with the registration desk each day for over 2 weeks before anyone at Harrah's knew what happened to my registration (it was always "in process".)

MrX
06-22-2006, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also reg'd through bodog but hvan't returned the forms yet. How do i offically request a specific ME starting day, i've got a wedding to go to.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are boxes to fill in on the WSOP registration form.

X

Pocono Drew
06-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Won my seat a few weeks ago. Received my cash and my confirmation from the Rio within 2 weeks. Serge was very good about returning my phone calls.

sublime
06-22-2006, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just faxed my forms yesterday and haven't heard back. Will call the Rio when I do and post results.

Would be great in the meantime to hear from Bodog winners who have had everything go smoothly.

[/ QUOTE ]

mine went smooth.

MrX
06-22-2006, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Won my seat a few weeks ago. Received my cash and my confirmation from the Rio within 2 weeks. Serge was very good about returning my phone calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won mine 5/14; got money from Bodog, but no confirmation from Rio despite several phone calls.

X

Gotmilk
06-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Update on earlier:

I went and talked to the poker desk and the main cage and neither of them were the right people to talk to. I'll check again on Sunday when I pick up my seat assignment for Tuesday.

MrX
06-22-2006, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I won mine 5/14; got money from Bodog, but no confirmation from Rio despite several phone calls.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

So literally an hour after I post this, I get the email confirming my start day, Monday (my #1 choice).

X

Gotmilk
06-23-2006, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

X

[/ QUOTE ]

So literally an hour after I post this, I get the email confirming my start day, Monday (my #1 choice).

X

[/ QUOTE ]

me too.

renodoc
06-23-2006, 04:36 AM
Indeed, I got my confirmation email from the Rio today as well. Sunday (when all the really good players will take off to go to church)

see you there!

Bond18
06-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Awesome, i'll turn in my forms today and tell you guys how it goes, sounds like their mostly on top of things at this point.

LearnedfromTV
06-29-2006, 01:17 PM
I have my $2500 and emails from Bodog saying they received my fax and that they've sent it on with the wire to the Rio. Looks like everything on track, although I still am waiting on the Rio's confirmation and my starting day.

Go Team Bodog!

sublime
06-29-2006, 05:59 PM
i got a FedEx today from bodog and was VERY surprised to find a letter congratulating me on being a team bodog member AND an IPOD nano!

1GB version, $149 retail.....bodog logo on it.

stan1541
06-29-2006, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i got a FedEx today from bodog and was VERY surprised to find a letter congratulating me on being a team bodog member AND an IPOD nano!

[/ QUOTE ]

What? What qualifier did you win? The 67$ + 159$ for the Nano one?

sublime
06-29-2006, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? What qualifier did you win? The 67$ + 159$ for the Nano one?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i won one of the $250(?) ones months ago.

F0LD--IT
07-03-2006, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i will trade you some of my free Stars Gear for that Nano. not fair Poker Stars, i want a Nano!!!!

SargeAZ
07-04-2006, 11:45 PM
I won a seat to the ME on Bodog via a $125+$10 satellite on June 18. I emailed Serge at Bodog and received confirmation that Bodog's ME qualifiers will each be receiving a red, bodog branded, IPod Nano via Fedex THIS WEEK. How cool is that?

-Sarge

stan1541
07-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Anyone get information on the "party/reception" that is supposed to be held on the 27th for ME qualifiers? I am arriving on the 27th for that specifically and I know that their Marketing Conference party is earlier in the week. Are they seperate or am I confusing the two?

MrX
07-07-2006, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I won a seat to the ME on Bodog via a $125+$10 satellite on June 18. I emailed Serge at Bodog and received confirmation that Bodog's ME qualifiers will each be receiving a red, bodog branded, IPod Nano via Fedex THIS WEEK. How cool is that?

-Sarge

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine arrived several days ago.

MrX

SargeAZ
07-08-2006, 08:54 PM
MrX - I still haven't got mine but am confident it will arrive soon. BTW, what Day 1 are you playing? Where are you staying? Just curious...

-Sarge

SargeAZ
07-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Stan - I play on Jul 31 and am arriving on Jul 29 because I didn't think they were going to have one big party for all the ME qualifiers (that would be one big party LOL!). I received an email that stated "the night before your Main Event starting day you are invited to join other members of Team Bodog in the Bodog lounge. This will give you a chance to pick up your Team Bodog merchandise and meet some of the other members of Team Bodog." You might want to email or call Serge at Bodog and check with him. My two cents...

-Sarge

SargeAZ
07-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Are any Bodog ME qualifiers interested in getting together for drinks/dinner on Sat Jul 29? I have gone to Battista's Hole in the Wall italian restaurant (behind the Flamingo and across from Bally's) on past Vegas trips and would like to go again before my Day 1 on Mon Jul 31. If you're interested send me a PM. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

-Sarge

Wayupinya
07-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Hey just to let you guys know I got my IPOD on Wed and I got my starting day confirmation on Thursday. I will be playing 1C....it was my 2nd choice.

JackOfSpeed
07-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Still waiting on my IPOD, hopefully it gets here Monday.

Sarge, would love to get together with Bodog peoples, but I play on Saturday /images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe I'll be Busto by then, though.

MrX
07-09-2006, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MrX - I still haven't got mine but am confident it will arrive soon. BTW, what Day 1 are you playing? Where are you staying? Just curious...

-Sarge

[/ QUOTE ]

I am playing on Monday, arriving with the wife on Sunday (leaving the kids for the first time). We have not decided where we are stating yet, but will prob stay around Bally's/Paris or maybe Flamingo, but it will may end up whatever the best rate on the strip is (I'll take a taxi to Rio).

MrX

SargeAZ
07-10-2006, 01:45 PM
JackofSpeed - good luck on Sat - think positive! I'll be getting in on Fri afternoon and will probably be at the Rio hanging out that night so if you're interested in trying to meet up send me a PM and we can exchange cell phone numbers.

-Sarge

LearnedfromTV
07-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Locked and loaded. Day 1D, as requested. Plan to get there Friday night or Saturday morning, hang out, probably play some cash and a Second Chance to loosen up. Up for meeting fellow Bodog qualifiers (or anyone else) whenever. Saturday dinner and drinks sounds good.

Will also be there this weekend (13th-18th)

SargeAZ
07-10-2006, 01:51 PM
I am staying at Bally's. I entered my Total Rewards # and pin and got better rates than what they are offering if you are playing in the WSOP: $70 for Sun-Thu and $100 for Sat-Sun. I am not sure why that happened but I'm not gonna complain /images/graemlins/smile.gif I too am gonna cab it wherever I need to go and the Rio is very close. If you want to touch base before Monday send me a PM and we can exchange cell phone numbers. If not, good luck!

-Sarge

P.S. Still waiting for my IPod /images/graemlins/mad.gif

SargeAZ
07-10-2006, 02:18 PM
LearnedfromTV - I just sent you a PM. Hope to touch base.

-Sarge

stan1541
07-13-2006, 05:51 PM
I have not recieved anything from Bodog, no ipod or letter or anything concerning the ME. Anyone else still in the dark? I even sent Serge an email and got nothing from him. Should I be concerned or are the just working through the list and I should get something latter?

Post-Oak
07-13-2006, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have not recieved anything from Bodog, no ipod or letter or anything concerning the ME. Anyone else still in the dark? I even sent Serge an email and got nothing from him. Should I be concerned or are the just working through the list and I should get something latter?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be extremely concerned.

Keep sending emails to Serge. Call him if you have to.

You should also receive an email from Harrah's once you have been registered in the ME.

Did they put your $2500 in your account yet?

Get moving.

stan1541
07-14-2006, 11:57 AM
My apologies, I have the start date and money, just nothing since then. Everyone else has recieved a package with a letter (and supposed Ipod) and such, That I have not recieved.

huge
07-14-2006, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are any Bodog ME qualifiers interested in getting together for drinks/dinner on Sat Jul 29? I have gone to Battista's Hole in the Wall italian restaurant (behind the Flamingo and across from Bally's) on past Vegas trips and would like to go again before my Day 1 on Mon Jul 31. If you're interested send me a PM. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

-Sarge

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested in meeting up with other bodoggers - unfortunately PSO is having a party that night (at Hooters no less) from 6 to 9. Post here or PM me if you make a plan for a later dinner. I'd also be curious to hear more about that restaurant if you're hot on it...

Has anyone actually picker up their bodog "swag"? I got my iPod in the mail, but I'm assuming we will be picking up our clothing in person at the suite. Anyone know what it is?

Heading for Vegas on Monday, playing in Main event day 1D via bodog. Also playing in event 37 ($1500 NLHE on 7/25) courtesy UB.

Go team bodog!

-huge

renodoc
07-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Bodog swag report:

I went to their "hospitality suite" which isn't much. They don't have the packages for the ME qualifiers yet. I did see someone wearing a hat and sweatshirt yesterday at my table who must have qualified for the prelim event and received his swag. I was told that I would get an ipod and some oakleys also. Someone else was walking around in a T-shirt that looked new also.

I can't remember what I signed, but I'm not interested in looking like a bodog robot. The hat I can live with....

JackOfSpeed
07-15-2006, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bodog swag report:

I went to their "hospitality suite" which isn't much. They don't have the packages for the ME qualifiers yet. I did see someone wearing a hat and sweatshirt yesterday at my table who must have qualified for the prelim event and received his swag. I was told that I would get an ipod and some oakleys also. Someone else was walking around in a T-shirt that looked new also.

I can't remember what I signed, but I'm not interested in looking like a bodog robot. The hat I can live with....

[/ QUOTE ]

You only have to wear one Bodog logo on you at all times...that's hardly constraining.

renodoc
07-15-2006, 02:24 PM
oh yeah, and the party we were supposed to be invited to now has a freeroll tourney atached to it- you have to win your way into the party! and its on the 25th now instead of the 27th. bogus bodog.

huge
07-15-2006, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh yeah, and the party we were supposed to be invited to now has a freeroll tourney atached to it- you have to win your way into the party! and its on the 25th now instead of the 27th. bogus bodog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that this is a separate event - that the 27th is a reception for all team bodog members and the 25th is the exclusive hoity toity opium den "Bodog Party". Does anyone know if my impression is right or wrong?

Not that I disagree with you - either way, the whole "look at this great party we're throwing but we're too cheap to invite all of you so you have to win another tournament to get in" thing is totally BOdoGUS.

How many of us are there anyway? I know they said they were sending 700, but how many are M.E. qualifiers?

Wayupinya
07-15-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm pretty sure there are 2 different parties. The one were having the tourney for is the party affiliated with the Bodog Conference. I'm not getting there until Saturday AM so it doesn't matter to me anyway. I think there are supposed to be 400 ME Bodogers.

stan1541
07-16-2006, 10:56 PM
From Serge when I asked where my Ipod was (Still don't have one)
"I would like to inform you that we will be a holding a reception on the eve of your official start date. This will be held at 7:30PM in the Bodog VIP Lounge. You will also be able to pick up your Bodog Gear at this time. Furthermore, our Marketing Department will be emailing you within a week with all the details."

SargeAZ
07-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Replies for a few people:

Huge - as for dinner on Sat Jul 29, I may play in the Bellagio Cup tournament that night (starts at 7:00 pm) instead of going to Battista's. If you get a chance to check out Battista's I would highly recommend it. Here is the link: http://www.battistaslasvegas.com/. Enjoy the PSO dinner at Hooters...sounds like quite a blowout party.

Renodoc - I concur with Wayupinya, there is a Bodog Party on 7/25 associated with Bodog's marketing conference (which is supposed to be amazing FWIW) and I also read there are 400 ME qualifiers. According to Serge, there will be a reception the night before each starting day starting at "8-ish" at the VIP Lounge. However, I am playing on 7/31 and Serge said I could come by earlier to pick up my gear if I wanted to so I'm going to pick it up on 7/29.

Stan1541 - I was getting antsy about my iPod as well but just got mine on Friday. Came via Fedex but in a plain looking yellow envelope. I'm sure you'll get yours soon - it is pretty sweet!

If you want to try to meet up in Vegas send me a PM and we can work something out. Good luck...

-Sarge

sportbettor
07-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Anyone here win a ticket to the 7/25 party? I won 1 but its only good for 1 person I think and that not very useful for me unless I have 2. Id be wiling to flip a coin with someone else thats in the same boat as me. That way one of us has 2 tickets.

PM me if anyone is intersted.

stan1541
07-18-2006, 11:16 AM
When did they start awarding them, I thought it was top 90 so I went all in after 90 just to quit. finished 89th.

renodoc
07-23-2006, 03:14 AM
as of today, no ipod yet. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

JackOfSpeed
07-23-2006, 11:44 AM
how many were in the freeroll to the party?

doesnt matter for me either since i dont get there until wednesday night but i'm just curious

SargeAZ
07-24-2006, 01:11 AM
renodoc - have you been in contact with Serge at bodog? I'm sure he can figure out why you haven't got one yet. Good luck!

renodoc
07-24-2006, 01:39 AM
oops!

fedex envelope has been sitting downstairs for who knows how long- kid picked it up and no one told me!

Bret Oliverio
07-24-2006, 06:52 AM
i have not received my ipod- serge said i would have it by last fri...nothing yet...anyone else in the same boat???

stan1541
07-24-2006, 05:22 PM
no ipod here, won my seat in May.