PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood poker sticking it to me

Ted Metro
06-21-2006, 04:22 PM
I thought I'd post here because this is based around referral bonuses, which have been a regular topic over the last week.

I've referred 18 people in the last two weeks, and one person has linked me, although I can't see him on my friends screen on the HW website, for a total of 19 'friends' invited.

14 of my friends have completed their 300 points and the one person linked to me has completed 150 points. So I should have received (14 * 75) + $37.50 for a total of $1,087.50, however I have only received $933.

I have now sent two e-mails to support and chatted with them live, and they won't credit me the money due. I have so far been told that I have received 14 $75 payments when in fact my transaction screen shows otherwise, and my account balance reflects that I have indeed not received that money. Customer service could not explain why my account shows less than the proper number of deposits, and seems to be dismissing me. I e-mailed customer service snapshots of my transaction screen showing that I have not received all of the payments, but have not had any help at all.

Not sure what to do here. Guess I'm hosed.

Be warned when referring people to Hollywood Poker.

Blowup Doll
06-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Isn't there a limit of 10 per week? Maybe you exceeded the limit one week.

Ted Metro
06-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah, there is a limit of 10, but I broke it up, 9 the first week, 9 the second week. And CS at Hollywood tells me that I've been paid for all 14 of the people that fully completed. When I asked them I hadn't received deposits totalling $1050 they told me that I have. Strange since every deposit is listed on the transaction screen and I can prove that I have not received those deposits. CS doesn't seem to care about that fact.

Ted Metro
06-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Because I have referred a number of people here, some waiting for kickbacks. I want to post pictures of my transaction screen to show that indeed I haven't received payments equal to what I am due on referrals.

http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=friends2dk.png friends

http://img312.imageshack.us/my.php?image=transactions3rr.png
transactions

Blowup Doll
06-21-2006, 05:38 PM
HW has been wacky on their server all day, so it may be that they've just not updated it yet. See what they say tomorrow. My bonuses all disappeared for a couple of hours today, but they're back now. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Ted Metro
06-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks man.

It's a little vexing when I know that right now there are people that are expecting me to give them $, that they have earned, that I should have in my account, but that I have yet to receive from Hollywood.

AmonRaa
06-21-2006, 05:55 PM
No worries mate, we will wait till the matter is resolved.

KOTLP
06-21-2006, 06:24 PM
I'm one of the waiting and you're handling it well man, don't fret. It hasn't even been 24 hours since I cleared the referral bonus so no rush lets see if they can resolve it.

dazraf69
06-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Metro is a good dude and if I will vouch for him.

Ghostridah
06-21-2006, 07:39 PM
i also vouch for metro, great guy and nothing to worry about unless hollywood tries to screw him

SteveM
06-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Agreed - he's a good guy.

warsaw
06-21-2006, 09:33 PM
I think it shows completed after the first 150 points, the last 150 points you never know when your friends complete them or not.

FWI I've also only gotten $74 for each friend.

Ted Metro
06-21-2006, 10:22 PM
You're right about it showing completed. Customer Service verified to me that my 14 referrals marked completed have all earned over 300 points. My one linked referral that doesn't show on my invite page has only 150 points, and that is why I have one manual $37.50 entry on my deposit screen. Those random few dollar entries are to make up for the $.50 that is shorted when I only received $37 payments.

On a separate note, thank you to all of the people that vouched for my credibility. If feel terribly frustrated about this situation, and am hoping I will receive some news at some point from Hollywood's support.

jah7_fsu1
06-22-2006, 01:27 AM
Ted Metro stole a handicapped license plate so he wouldn't have to walk far.

Ted Metro cheats on his taxes.

Ted Metro killed two strippers.

Ted Metro stole items during hurricane katrina.

Ted Metro told President Bush we needed to go to war in Iraq....and never leave.

Ted Metro once ate a 12 year old.

Ted Metro shot JFK.

Aww screw it, he is a great guy.

Mathemagician
06-22-2006, 01:58 AM
FWIW, email from HP support...
------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Hollywood Poker support.

Please be advised that we had a situation where a server on the Network experienced technical difficulties. This in turn affected the entire Network in various ways, including tournaments, ring games as well.

Hence, poker points were effected as well. We are currently rectifying the issue. All poker points would be updated once the issue has been resolved.

We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter and please accept our sincere apologies for the disruption caused.

sonartec
06-22-2006, 05:14 AM
Have the people you refered recieved their funds yet? Also i had to talk to Live support about $37.50 that was just never credited to my account, they checked and said it would be there in an hour, which it was.

Ted Metro
06-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Yeah, the referrals have received their money. I just spoke to support on the phone, and after about 15 minutes a very confused rep. told me that he would have to investigate my account and get back to me within 1-2 days.

I asked him to count my referral deposits and then asked him why I had fewer deposits than I deserved based on the number of referrals that have completed the 300 pt. requirement. That pretty much put the guy in mental gridlock. I don't see why it's so hard to count deposits and count referrals, and then see that I'm short. It seems so simple.

HPC
06-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi Metro,

Please email me your Hollywood username and I will take care of this for you today.

Warm Regards,

Julie

AmonRaa
06-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Hollywood support at its finest /images/graemlins/smile.gif

terrellk11
06-22-2006, 10:51 AM
As a general rule, Hollywood does have the best suppport I've seen. However, I have run into a situation where different reps are giving differing opinions/advice on how to resolve the problem.

I have referred five people who have deposited (far less than the 18 of Metro - quite impressive), and four of them have gone through without a problem. However, the fifth is being given all kinds of grief. He used my link and his name shows up on my list, but it says he hasn't deposited when he has made two deposits and the IAF doesn't show on his account. In the last 24 hours, the two of us have sent numerous emails and have spent a combined total of more than 2.5 hours dealing with CS on Live Help. We have been given four or five different explanations for what caused the problem and three different answers as to how to resolve the problem. It still has not been resolved.

That being said, I have no doubt that they will in fact resolve the problem.

And by the way, has anyone else noticed that the IAF payment are coming in at $37 per increment for a total of $74 per referral instead of $75?

Blowup Doll
06-22-2006, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And by the way, has anyone else noticed that the IAF payment are coming in at $37 per increment for a total of $74 per referral instead of $75?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, i did notice that.

terrellk11
06-22-2006, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, i did notice that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that big a deal with me only having 5 referrals (with a 6th to come), but for people that are going for the full 10 per week for 5 weeks it can add up.

HPC
06-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Hey all,

I have informed our developers about the bonuses being deposited in increments of $37 and they are looking into it immediately. Anyone who has not been credited the full $37.50 can contact us at support@hollywoodpoker.com and we will credit the difference.

terrellk11, please email me (julie@hollywoodpoker.com) both your and your friend's HP username and I will take care of this for you asap.

Cheers,

Julie

lozen
06-22-2006, 11:48 AM
You got to give Hollywood credit for there support. Is there any other site that checks the forums and proactivelly tries to fix all problems. Hats off to Julie at HP

TobDog
06-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Cmon, Party checks the forums regularly, to see if anyone found any +EV bugs or deposit bonuses that work for everyone so they can "fix" them.