PDA

View Full Version : Cindy's poker

Haggis McHaggis
01-17-2006, 09:22 PM
I noticed a banner for this room. I've never heard of it. Just wondering if anyone has any comments about the bonus (50% $200), how it clears, and what network this is on.

Here is what it says at the site:

[ QUOTE ]
The bonus money will be automatically added to your cash account after you play raked hands equal to five (5) times the bonus amount within fifteen (15) days of making your deposit for each bonus. Minimum chip purchase amount in order to recieve the bonuses is $20.00 - $50.00 depending on payment method..

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like it's 5x, but I wonder what a "raked hand" is.

imitation
01-17-2006, 11:26 PM
I talked to them they said 5x contributed + not associated with any other poker sites.

cvpoker
01-18-2006, 02:32 AM
u play only the minimum or just ove rit and they will *%@^ you over, and not only take your bonus away, but also if u were up money u lose all your profit as well. another site did this a couple years ago and screwedover soooo mnay players. I sure wont be doign this opromo until i hear alot of otherplayers have had success with it first.

http://www.cindymargolispoker.com/information.aspx?page=term#10

10.10 Promotional bonuses are not made available for the exploitation of the poker room, but for the additional entertainment value provided to our member players. Players who exhibiting 'bonus hunter' characteristics, by endeavoring only to meet minimum playthrough requirements of a given bonus, will have their accounts automatically flagged and audited. Should the security department determine that a new player account was set-up solely to exploit this bonus, the player may forfeit their bonus money, any winnings gained under this promotion and their deposit returned minus a $15 administration fee.

TWolf2006
01-18-2006, 12:57 PM
That is stupid. Why do they have minimum requirements for clearing a bonus if they are going to close your account. Why not make the minimum requirements higher. It still amazes me that some poker rooms dont understand the competition they are up agains and that they will not succeed by turning away customers.

HCR
01-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Anyone who would seriously play at this site needs their head examined.

robertsonjohn
01-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Not making an argument for playing this site, as they sound like jackasses, but as an theoretical argument for playing small, screwy sites like this -

Their bonus structure and tiny network is dumb enough to insure that anyone who knows what they're doing would never play there. Thus, the only people play there don't know what they're doing. People who don't know what they're doing are exactly the type of people you want to play against. Therefore, you should want to play there.

I'm not actually putting forth this argument and suspect that anyone who plays at Cindy Margolis poker is going to be fairly unhappy, but there seems to be some logic to it.

HCR
01-18-2006, 05:46 PM
I hear your point but why not just play at party instead?

BaHorst
01-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Because party has no hot chick w/ big thingies on the page. I heart cindy.

kfellmy
01-19-2006, 01:48 AM
well I downloaded it. Three players total. One at a table by himself and two others at a table with one guy sitting out.

I'll keep it on my desktop for now but not thrilled about the place.

caz
01-19-2006, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well I downloaded it. Three players total. One at a table by himself and two others at a table with one guy sitting out.

I'll keep it on my desktop for now but not thrilled about the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the entire site is one poker table with, as of now, 3 people on it? Lol. What limit is it? Does the table take a vote? Im downloading it just to check and laugh if what I think is right.

Pokeraddict
01-19-2006, 02:33 AM
When I clicked through the banner and went to download it forwarded to Pokeround. That place was pathetic. I gave it a $25 try a month ago or so, the software was worse then the new Bodog software.

As mentioned above I dont think these sites put much thought in it. They think "Poker is hot the players will flock here". At least disasters like Poker Mountain had some hype. The catch all "we reserve the right to refuse your bonus if you are a whore" screams trouble down the road.

Synergistic Explosions
01-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Sometimes these small networks can be goldmines. I haven't checked out this one yet though.

For example, when Eurolinx went live before Expekt came on board it was awesome. They had daily 3k freerolls and a couple smaller ones. There were only about 50 people entering in the beginning. Plus they had these huge guaranteed tourneys with huge huge overlays of many multiples of your buyin.

These are things I keep my eye out for with new networks. Better value may never be found as they are in the beginning days of a new network. Few players are not always a negative thing. Just go to tourney lobby and see what is being offered.

TWolf2006
01-19-2006, 02:56 PM
As long as you can take the risk of the site not honoring your withdrawals, closing down, poor banking etc etc.

Kneel B4 Zod
01-19-2006, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I talked to them they said 5x contributed + not associated with any other poker sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks almost identical to the other new banner I see over there, Touchstone Poker