PDA

View Full Version : Event #2 Registration

WoodburnHall
06-21-2006, 03:41 AM
For those that were there last year or have other knowledge, I have a question.

I am flying out the night of the 26th and plan to play in Event #2 starting on the 27th. From previous threads, I was able to piece together that the event will probably sell-out, the deadline for pre-registering via check has passed, and registration on-site is open 24/7.

Here is my question: If I check into my hotel, immediately go to the Rio, and try to register the night of the 26th (the day before), do you think I will be able to get into the field?

dietpepsimachine
06-21-2006, 03:48 AM
i preregistered via mail about 3 weeks ago.

should i be worried that i never got a confirmation?

MicroBob
06-21-2006, 03:52 AM
If you had done it far enough in advance you could have saved $50 or so (probably more) by just buying up $1500 worth of W$ on Stars and buying your event 2 seat though them.

FWIW - you can still do this for quite a few of the other prelim events.

WoodburnHall
06-21-2006, 03:56 AM
Well, to be honest, I would prefer in going out there and playing in a satellite for the event (hopefully only one). Do they reserve so many seats for the satellites they plan on running before the event?

dietpepsimachine
06-21-2006, 03:59 AM
im not sure if anyone was shut out last yr.

so i think if you can get there the day before you should be ok.

im not sure if the WSOP will be more popular this yr. than last. about even would be my guess. so you should be ok.

Since you only start with 1500 alot of people will bust in the first hr. so they should be able to accomodate quite a few alternates.

ShadowBJ21
06-21-2006, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do they reserve so many seats for the satellites they plan on running before the event?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think so as you only get one or multiple $500 tokens and can buy-in to any of the events with that. So they have no idea how many will go to that particular event. In addition they don't know how many satellites they will play as they are sng's (for the preliminary events)

Shadow

AcesUp
06-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Have no idea exactly how things will go this year, but here's the scoop from last year...

I got to the Rio about 7pm the night before the first event, and the registration line was about an hour long. By the middle of the night, the registration line was about 3 hours long, and stayed that way through the start of the event (luckily I had pre-registered).

The event sold out at 2000 people, and they started taking alternates. I don't know if they capped the number of alternates or not.

No other event generated nearly as much interest, and registration lines after that event were never more than a few minutes long (until the first morning of the Main Event).

-Aces

OK-Poker
06-21-2006, 01:35 PM
is it a 65 dollar sng for a 500 dollar chip?

drewjustdrew
06-21-2006, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is it a 65 dollar sng for a 500 dollar chip?

[/ QUOTE ]

Typically they are $225 or more and you win several chips depending on the buy-in. There may be cheaper ones though. The single table satellites typically cover at least a whole buy-in, so there may be something that pays $1500 + entry fee.

olivert
06-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Last year, the buy-ins for 10-handed single-table satellites were $65, $125, $175, $225, $275, $325, and $525, with the prize pool being 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 10 $500 buy-in chips (plus enough cash to tip the dealer) respectively.

WoodburnHall
06-21-2006, 03:55 PM
As I understand it, those $500 buy-in chips are somewhat easily transferred to other players for cash, correct?

ShadowBJ21
06-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Should be no problem

BusterFlush
06-21-2006, 05:28 PM
How many players are expected for Event 2 and what is the cutoff? I have heard a number of 4,000 are expected.

olivert
06-21-2006, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many players are expected for Event 2 and what is the cutoff? I have heard a number of 4,000 are expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Amazon room has enough space to fit 200 tables.

That means the cutoff for pre-registration will be on the order of 2200, i.e. 200 11-handed tables.

Events 2, 6, and 17 are the ones that will likely sell out because 1) they are low-end no limit hold'em events and 2) they are on TV.

06-21-2006, 10:18 PM

BS Yee
06-21-2006, 10:25 PM
You're probably SOL. To register for the event, you need the registration card which you get when you prove who you are and sign all the forms, etc. And if you haven't pre-registered, then you don't have the form.

If you did have the registration card, then it's no problem. The cashier would simply scan it and give you your tournament ticket. I was able to register several friends that way and they didn't care.

ItsJzH
06-21-2006, 10:41 PM
I heard it's close to sold out, i went down today and registered and 5 other people were down there registering too,cut off is prolly 2300-2400 people

MicroBob
06-21-2006, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As I understand it, those $500 buy-in chips are somewhat easily transferred to other players for cash, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. They are as good as cash pretty much.

You can buy-in a couple of people at the next $225 single-table if you like (and have a little left over for your own buy-in...but remember, they can't make change for you...don't fall short)...or you can go to one ofthe $1k single-table satellites and offer to trade with a player since at least 1 of them will be buying-in with cash.

Only problem is that somebody else trying to sell their chips might be you there. So you just wait for the next one.

At the end of the satellites I went there with $2k worth of entry chips to sell (4 of them) and it took me about 5 minutes to pawn them off.
Scott Fischman bought two of them as he was entering a $1k single-table satellite.

Not only do they have the single-table sats but they also have MTT sats as well. Some with re-buys I believe.
Probably a $200 buy-in with re-buy...and then maybe another price (like $300 or $500) to get a main-event seat.

Lots of people are hoping to sat their way in to a main-event seat. So the WSOP provides enough sat's to meet the demand.

If you want to play satellites to smaller events or to the main-event while you're out there you should have very little problem finding what you want.

they also run various regular, non-bracelet MTT's during the day.
Something like a $200 buy-in MTT at 3pm and a $500 buy-in MTT at 7pm or something like that (I remember that they were at 3p and 7p, maybe also at 11a and 11p) but I don't recall the buy-ins for sure.

In other words - it's the freaking world series of poker. They have all kinds of tourneys, sats and events and cash-games all over the place.