PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the WSOP Discussion Forum *** READ BEFORE POSTING ***

Lloyd
06-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Just a quick note to welcome people to the WSOP Discussion Forum. The official description of this forum is:

[ QUOTE ]
Live updates from WSOP events, logistics, trip reports, and other live (not televised) WSOP discussion

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll be putting together a more lengthy description of what should go here versus the MTT Forum, WPT Forum (soon to be renamed Televised Poker), or the News, Views, and Gossip forum.

For now, keep in mind that all discussion related to the broadcasting of WSOP (or WPT) events should remain in the WPT Forum. All strategy discussions should remain in the MTT Forum. This forum is for what remains - sweat threads during live events, logistics discussions, trip reports, WSOP contests, etc.

We'll need to work together to get this forum populated with the correct content. There will very likely be many posts moved into this forum from other forums, and vice versa. So please be patient while we work out the kinks and everyone (including the Mods) develop a good feel for what belongs where.

Thanks.

Lloyd
06-20-2006, 01:55 PM
You can post any questions on what belongs in the WSOP Discussion Forum in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6260203&page=0&vc=1).

Lloyd
07-25-2006, 01:37 PM
NO STAKING THREADS

2+2 does not allow someone to make a post asking for a stake. Please do not make such posts. Any threads asking for a stake will be deleted and the user's account is subject to suspension.

Lloyd
08-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Greetings everyone,

I think the WSOP forum was a fantastic sucess. We had a few hiccups and we'll certainly learn from our experience. But in general, I was very pleased with how things turned out.

I want to remind everyone that the purpose of this forum is to discuss current, live major events. It's currently called WSOP but we'll most likely re-name the forum and include other MAJOR live events. Notice I keep saying live. There are three other forums that you need to keep in mind when making a post.

1) Any new posts about Pay Per View, DVDs, or televised events should go into the TV Forum;

2) The News, Views, and Gossip Forum should be the destination for any future news, views, or gossip. What that consists of is open to some interpretation but I imagine a good portion of the posts being made in WSOP right now should go into NVG. How much did Jamie Gold tip? What was Gold playing before the WSOP? That's NVG.

3) The MTT Forum is still the place for all strategy discussions. If you want to talk about the merits of a particular hand or overall strategy, please post there.

Essentially, we're going to start transitioning most of the discussion in the WSOP Forum to another place at 2+2. This Forum is not being closed and in fact will be expanded. But a good portion of the discussions concerning the WSOP that has now concluded should be done elsewhere. If you make a post here that I believe is better suited in one of the other Forums, it will be moved along with a pointer to remind people of what belongs where. No big deal, but if you can give some thought as to where something belongs before making a post you'll certainly make things easier on us.

Thanks again for making this Forum, and 2+2, such a huge success.