PDA

View Full Version : Bug with party poker client

fadedstar
01-17-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm having a really annoying bug with the client since a long time. Of course i'm running the latest version, not the beta.

Thing is, sometimes, when its my turn to act, I have no buttons!!! Like, the timer is going down waiting for my move but i have nothing to click! The Check, fold, raise buttons disappear.

This always happens during preflop. And it always happens when i'm like observing a game for a couple time, wait on the waiting list then join. Usually, first hand will make the bug happens and it might do it more than once in the next hands.

Other annoying bug that i'm having, usually related to this one. I'm on a waiting list, then, when I pick a seat and get the cashier window asking me how much i want to bring in, no more than 2 seconds later I get a *You did not act in time* message and i cant bring cash at the money. I must leave table and lose my seat. It does that almost everytime im waiting for a seat so I have to enter my amount extremly fast to avoid the bug. Of course, I'm not done because i will probably get the other bug right after (no buttons showing)...

Am i the only one?!?!?! Its extremly painful...

thanks!

.fs.

OrcaDK
01-17-2006, 06:44 PM
The no buttons bug is rather common, and it's over my head as to why they're not fixing it.

Solid_p
01-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Was just looking for a thread about this. It drives me nuts!

fadedstar
01-17-2006, 08:19 PM
You guys also having the *did not act in time* error when you sit at a table?

.fs.

ackid
01-18-2006, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm having a really annoying bug with the client since a long time. Of course i'm running the latest version, not the beta.

Thing is, sometimes, when its my turn to act, I have no buttons!!! Like, the timer is going down waiting for my move but i have nothing to click! The Check, fold, raise buttons disappear.

This always happens during preflop. And it always happens when i'm like observing a game for a couple time, wait on the waiting list then join. Usually, first hand will make the bug happens and it might do it more than once in the next hands.

Other annoying bug that i'm having, usually related to this one. I'm on a waiting list, then, when I pick a seat and get the cashier window asking me how much i want to bring in, no more than 2 seconds later I get a *You did not act in time* message and i cant bring cash at the money. I must leave table and lose my seat. It does that almost everytime im waiting for a seat so I have to enter my amount extremly fast to avoid the bug. Of course, I'm not done because i will probably get the other bug right after (no buttons showing)...

thanks!

.fs.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are both common bugs at party. It lasts for 2-3 days every two months or so.

and yeah it really does suck.

thijsr
01-18-2006, 04:03 AM
i had the *did not act in time* thing happen to me for a while, and that while coincided with my system clock being off (by a month)... i thought that this was the problem b/c it went away after i fixed the clock (or better: date).
this could have been a coincidence /images/graemlins/confused.gif but i guess it's worth checking...

HCR
01-18-2006, 01:27 PM
I did send them an email about this once. They told me to clear my internet cache of all files and remove all cookies, seemed to work at the time. I lost a couple omaha pots because of it and their attitude was like oh well....

PhattyLiver
01-18-2006, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not the only one, I've had both problems & I feel your pain (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=software&Number=4317417&S earchpage=1&Main=4317417&Words=+PhattyLiver&topic= &Search=true#Post4317417).

I fixed both problems by playing at Eurobet mostly this month. /images/graemlins/grin.gif