PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding currency transaction charges while whoring

kimchi
06-19-2006, 09:06 PM
My Neteller account is in British Pounds, half my poker sites are in GBP, and the other half are in $

There was recently a 15% up to $75 bonus at Party. Paying the 1.9% Neteller charge on deposit, plus withdrawal, assuming I broke even, would cost over $20 (500+575)*0.019=$20.43

How do people who have a GBP bank and deposit into $ poker accountsreduce/avoid these charges?

I have been paying $100 a month in charges recently. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I still need a GBP netellerfor some Cryptos, and Neteller only allows 1 account.

Ortho
06-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Switch your neteller account to USD. Use a GBP credit card for the GBP sites. Only convert currency when you are bringing money home that you are taking as profit.

kimchi
06-20-2006, 01:39 AM
If I switch my Neteller to $US I won't be able to use it for the Cryptos as I'll have a new a/c number. They don't allow you to use a different Neteller a/c than the one you used to initially deposit.

That means 6 of my current poker accounts wouldn't be able to use Neteller.

WiSeIVIaN
06-20-2006, 03:15 AM
cryptos are normally very lenient on creating new accounts for various reasons...

WiSeIVIaN
06-20-2006, 03:16 AM
Perhaps having 2 seperate rolls (a moneybookers one for $ and a neteller for pounds) and using them for the corresponding sites.

Ortho
06-20-2006, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I switch my Neteller to $US I won't be able to use it for the Cryptos as I'll have a new a/c number. They don't allow you to use a different Neteller a/c than the one you used to initially deposit.

That means 6 of my current poker accounts wouldn't be able to use Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

(Shrug). Either don't convert or pay. Your "real-life" roll has to be in GBP. 1.9% each way is nothing compared to the hassles that you will have trying to have a USD account in the UK or to put USD checks into your UK bank or something. Since that is true, you need some way to keep a roll in USD. I am also in the UK and therefore have to get raped converting my dollars into pounds, and also play at all the cryptos. The cheapest solution I've found is to have my neteller account in USD and to play into and out of my credit/debit card in GBP when I'm playing in GBP.

While you can't change your Crypto neteller account to a different number, you can add your card as an option.

Everyone who plays the Cryptos and lives in the UK has this problem. If you find a cheaper way, I'd love to hear it.

Edit: Like the above poster, I have also heard that Cryptos are lenient about letting you create new accounts for stuff like this, but I haven't personally tried it as I have found a reasonable solution, the Cryptos aren't quite all they used to be, and I don't really want to call attention to myself should someone at Crypto or Ecash ever finally wake from hibernation and decide to have a look at account activity/player-profitability.

daPlayboy
06-21-2006, 04:43 AM
Two bankrolls seems smartest.