PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom/PSO: cleared 400pts, got $40bonus..now I have <400 pts. wtf?

OziBattler
06-19-2006, 07:51 PM
I finally earnt just over 400 points for $40 pokerroom bonus last night according to their tickets n bonuses webpage, got their "youve been credited with the bonus" email, got the $40 increase in my balance however when go back and login to pokerroom this morning and I see that their Tickets N Bonuses page says I have only 385 points. The bonus is still in my account. I havent used any points for anything. its like a 17pt difference which is strange.

So why complain? Well I signed up via PSO so I am concerned that PSO will say I havent completed the playthrough requirements. I already hit the completed requirements button with PSO unfortunately and they are "verifying with pokerroom"

yes, I will go to pso forums to followup there later (which I cant access at work so will ahve to wait til I get home) but in the meantime I am curious to know if anyone else has experienced this sort of strange reduction in earnt pokerroom points?

should I go home tonight and earn enough extra points to get back above 400 just to be totally safe or will PSO only look at the number of points at the time I hit that "Finished" promo button?

thx

Ken_AA
06-19-2006, 08:33 PM
I would post this in the forum right away, then probably earn the 17 points. PSO will get a piece of your rake forever so I don't think they would care when they get it (before or after you hit that button).

Odd though.

Ken

Ted Metro
06-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Have you tried an e-mail to Pokerroom?

OziBattler
06-19-2006, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you tried an e-mail to Pokerroom?

[/ QUOTE ]

not yet...its annoying but I only discovered this issue a few minutes before logging off and heading to work (but at least I can access forumserver.twoplustwo.com at work....hooray).

FWIW I think Ill do as Ken suggests and go directly to PSO forums when I get home as the support people there always seem helpful. Then Ill go play the 100 hands or so that it takes to get the extra points just to be safe.

basically what happened to me seems very strange but hey, given that ive already lost HHs due to the 'fail to post in BB and sitout' bug (bug is well documented in PT forums) that their sw has, Im not totally surprised. sigh. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

OziBattler
06-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Can anyone confirm that when you spend Pokeroom points on tickets etc that your points balance on the "Tickets and Bonuses" Page will decrease by the number of points used but it doesnt affect the number of points for PSO purposes?

I ask because I contacted PokerRoom live support and they tell me that I spent some points (on what, I have no clue...i have no tickets showing and I dont recall doing it so maybe a misclick) and that i did earn &gt; 400 points and thus the PSO promo should be fine

thx

terrellk11
06-20-2006, 10:31 AM
It should be fine. They set the goal at 400 points because they don't get their affiliate credit until you hit that point. Once you pass it, they get paid and then you get paid, even if you subsequently spend the points.

OziBattler
06-20-2006, 10:39 AM
thx terrel, it would be nice of their sw actually showed a total points earnt and points spent or that live support would be able to tell me the details but then again...pigs might fly /images/graemlins/smile.gif

anyway my storm in a tea cup crisis seems to have been averted so its all good.