PDA

View Full Version : If you could go back in time...

StepBangin
06-18-2006, 10:17 PM
If you could go back in time and:

1) change or prevent one event, what would it be?

2) Do something that doesnt involve changing a major world wide event, what would it be?

3) Take anything back with you, what would it be and who would you give it to, and why??

Assume that if you do one, you can't do the others as well. You can only go back in time once.

#1 - I think I would try to prevent the fires at the Great Library in Alexandria. I know there were multiple fires, so Im not sure which one I would prevent.

#2 - I think I would make a company called Party Gaming and make it 100x better than it is now /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I know there are better things to do, but this would be great!

#3 - I think I would take a Computer with a lot of scientific theory's to Sir Isaac Newton. He would then have to copy everything down before the battery dies.

I know mine suck, but I know some people will get creative with this and make it interesting

playerlogin
06-18-2006, 10:19 PM
1) Burn down the tree of life, or just guard it really well /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Andrew Karpinski
06-18-2006, 11:19 PM
I got involved in a little discussion about this over in OOT.

Basically, I would not change a thing. As it stands, we're here in the year 2006 and doing pretty damn well as a species. Anything we change could put that in jeperody.

atrifix
06-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Nothing.

madnak
06-19-2006, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't go back in time for the reasons posted by Andrew. I guess I'm a pessimist; I don't want to risk screwing anything up. Now, going into the future would be pretty cool.

CORed
06-20-2006, 05:36 PM
I think doing anything that would significantly change history would be very dangerous, so I would just do something that selfish that would have minimal effect on others, like go back 20 or 30 years and buy the right stocks, or go back a few days and buy a winning lottery ticket. The rightful winner of the Powerball might have to get by with $50 million instead of $100 million. Too bad.