PDA

View Full Version : gp 7 card trick??

koolsavas
06-18-2006, 04:48 AM
playing golden palace (3/4 through flatbetting $1 one place), and just drew to seven cards totalling 18 and it beat the dealer's 19. what's up with that, from the software that only lets you split once! what's the odds of having 7 cards under 21? it should pay more than even money!

also, what are the odds of me and dealer having identical hand 7A diamonds in same order even, or rather that two pairs of identical cards come out consecutively (for whatever setup gp uses)? plus i got another 7A right after, though unsuited. peace!

Photoc
06-18-2006, 05:14 AM
They call it a 7 Card Charlie there. This is normal. Btw, the deck is constantly reshuffled after every hand, so the likelyhood of getting dealt XX is exactly the same every hand.

studmuffin
06-19-2006, 04:08 AM
According to Stanford Wong's Blackjack books, the probability of getting one of these is so small that you should not deviate from Basic Strategy to try and get it.

koolsavas
06-19-2006, 05:34 AM
i never tried to get it just got it once. and i just came by to mention i cleared gp for the entire 300 gbp bonus exactly. in canadian funds that's 620 dollars woohoo! plus i got a better rate on my money when i had changed to pounds in the first place, so add another dollar or so to that profit. currency speculation rules!