PDA

View Full Version : Blackjack Books for 4-8 Decks (online)?????

JolsonFan
06-18-2006, 01:12 AM
Can anyone recommend any blackjack books for 8 deck games commonly found online? Thanks ahead.
Paul

NickMPK
06-18-2006, 01:20 AM
I think what you are looking for here is called "basic strategy". The deck penetration in online games is small that you can never get an advantage by counting. Plus I'm not sure if you can tell when they are even shuffling the deck; maybe this depends on the site.

SamIAm
06-18-2006, 01:46 AM
I'm pretty sure every single online blackjack site shuffles between hands. Why wouldn't they?

Check here (www.thewizardofodds.com) for basic strategy for each set of rules
-Sam

JolsonFan
06-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Party states the deck is shuffled after 10% of the cards are dealt (after 42 cards dealt w/ the 8 deck shoe)

SamIAm
06-18-2006, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party states the deck is shuffled after 10% of the cards are dealt (after 42 cards dealt w/ the 8 deck shoe)

[/ QUOTE ]What a strange decision on their part. I suppose it's to encourage guys who think they can count this for an advantage. /images/graemlins/smile.gif (I bet they can't, but I guess I don't know for sure. You can spread your bets all you want, but I imagine 10% isn't enough penetration to overcome the house edge.)

Mostly, I still think you should follow BS. That's a chart, not a book. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-Sam

P.S. Plus, if I don't know when they shuffle, just that they shuffle, that makes it harder. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MCS
06-18-2006, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can spread your bets all you want, but I imagine 10% isn't enough penetration to overcome the house edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is correct.

marv
06-18-2006, 09:22 PM
(I looked at the party rules just now and it said 20% BTW).

Has anyone tried to create a perfect BJ program, not merely card counting, but evaluating the game tree completely and working out perfect play in real time. Assume you know the exact moment the decks are re-shuffled, all the game rules, and that the shuffle is perfectly uniform.

Anyone published results of this?

Marv

CORed
06-19-2006, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Plus, if I don't know when they shuffle, just that they shuffle, that makes it <font color="white">harder</font> impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]