PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about the hollywood 1K + ipod nano bonus

SmackinYaUp
06-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey all, I did some research but couldn't find any info that seemed to apply too well to me. I 8-table party 400NL right now but got this bonus e-mail that seemed pretty cool. I was wondering if you think its worth the effort? If I remember correctly, you can only 4 table at HP.

I suppose I could just play at party and buy the damn nano, but for some reason getting one sent to me just seems cool. Plus theres that $1k cash available.

This bonus is designed for the mid to high stakes online poker player and features a 500% deposit match up to $1000 and it only takes 15 Poker Points per $1, for 60 days to clear.

RELOAD CODE: RELOADHP1000

Maximized Bonus: For a limited time only, make the maximum deposit of $200, clear the 15,000 Poker Points and not only will you earn $1000 cash, but you can exchange those 15,000 Poker Points for your very own Apple iPod Nano! Be sure to take advantage of this offer within 30 days of clearing your bonus.

Blowup Doll
06-17-2006, 03:33 PM
It's not worth it. 15x?? You could do 5x at other sites and save more money than an ipod costs.

Mustbeblufin
06-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Even at 15x for a higher stakes player the return is very good. This is geared for that where you earn more points on those tables. It is not as simple as comparing it to a 7x bonus for a small stakes player.

Hielko
06-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Indeed, the return isn't very bad. When the pot is raked 3$ you get 2,1 points making it more like 7x bonus. On the other hand, when you are a small stakes player and the max rake is 1$ you earn 0,7 points, making it almost impossible to clear.

That said; i'm doing to 200$ 5x reload (@ 2/4 limit, should be done within a day).

Kirg
06-17-2006, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you can only 4 table at HP.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true, you can only open 4 tables manually yes, but you can join more tables after by just getting on the waiting list and they will pop up once it's your turn.

Blowup Doll
06-17-2006, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even at 15x for a higher stakes player the return is very good. This is geared for that where you earn more points on those tables. It is not as simple as comparing it to a 7x bonus for a small stakes player.

[/ QUOTE ]

But still wouldn't it be better for a higher stakes player to play 5x bonuses?

WiSeIVIaN
06-17-2006, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Technicly yes, but some people want a bigger bonus to clear. At any rate, if your gonna go for a big hollywood bonus you should sign-up for some rakeback instead of going through BW. The rakeback you'd get clearing that bonus would be enough to pay for 2 or 3 nano, hence it's a bad idea to do the big crappy-type bonuses w/o rakeback.

BigBiceps
06-17-2006, 06:36 PM
THe rakeback is deducted from MGR. And it is contributed rakeback.

DO you actually get anything from the rakeback?

Also are the 5x reloads bottomless?

Mustbeblufin
06-17-2006, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But a high stakes player would clear a 5x bonus in a day and have to jump to a new site every day(if there are that many available). 15x isn't like a Party bonus where it is 15 raked hands. It is 15 points and you can earn over 2 points per hand which would make it a 7x bonus at higher stakes.

BigBiceps
06-17-2006, 06:58 PM
But Europoker has something like $4000 in reloads over the next month at 10x. So IMO a 15x bonus is just dumb.

Also, FCP has a 9x $200 reload out today.

Mustbeblufin
06-17-2006, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But Europoker has something like $4000 in reloads over the next month at 10x. So IMO a 15x bonus is just dumb.

Also, FCP has a 9x $200 reload out today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously Euro is the way to go then when you add RB to the mix. 10x plus rb is better than the 9x.

I think Hollywood has a 12x where you get an Ipod so that is a pretty good value with rb if you want an IPod(FYI I have no idea the difference between a Nano and Shuffle).

Euro is the best way to go overall, but Hollywood does have good value. I just think with all the problems with all the Ongame skins I wouldn't stray to far from the likes of Pokerroom, Hollywood, Euro, Contact and not many others. I don't want my money tied up for 2 weeks on cashouts(bayou and such).