PDA

View Full Version : Best way for UKer to deposit on Stars??

DaN_05
06-17-2006, 08:23 AM
OK - I'm wanting to put $600 into Stars to get my $120 bonus. But last time I did this using my VISA card, it cost me like £30 or something stupid with the conversion charges (half depositing the $600, half withdrawing the $600 back) That's like $60, half the bonus! What's the best way for me to deposit my $600 and then withdraw it out again?? I have a NETeller account - is this a cheap way to do it?

Cheers

Jago
06-17-2006, 08:47 AM
yes. it's free.

kimchi
06-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Neteller isn't free if depositing from 1 currency into another.

They sting you for 1.9% each way. I don't know any way around this. You could get a $US account at your bank...

Longy
06-19-2006, 09:27 PM
I use my switch/ maestro card, there are NO charges for using this. The only drawback for this is that you can only withdraw the amount you have deposited, any profit has to be withdrawn using other methods.
I would recommend opening a neteller and withdrawing the profit to this. Open it in US currency not uk though and you can dodge the currency fees.
Once in neteller i would reccommend depositing into party and then withdrawing after a bit of play back to your debit card.
Bingo no charges whatsoever.

Ortho
06-19-2006, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Neteller isn't free if depositing from 1 currency into another.

They sting you for 1.9% each way. I don't know any way around this. You could get a $US account at your bank...

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a neteller account in USD.