PDA

View Full Version : WSOP live satts for non-ME?

Clovis8
06-17-2006, 12:10 AM
I cant seen to find this in an older post (which surprises me). Can anyone give me info on the RIO satts for tourneys other than the main event. Some friends and I are heading down and want to play some satts for the smaller events (less than 3K events). Do they run satts for these? If so, how much? Are they one table or MTT? any other advice.

Thanks.

DemonDeac
06-17-2006, 12:31 AM
calling the Rio will give you the best answers

jgunnip
06-17-2006, 12:35 AM
I don't know the price, but I know the Rio holds sats for most of the events the day before their respective events. perhaps a couple of days in advanced. calling is your best option for specfic info.

Clovis8
06-17-2006, 02:05 AM
I just called and the woman didnt know anything. She said the time and structure of satts has not been decided? Sounds pretty odd to me.

uclabruinz
06-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Assuming it's like the WSOP circuit event I was at a few months ago, they will run one-table "sats" constantly at various price levels with a winner-take-all payout. In other words, they'll have SNGs going constantly. They will pay you in entry chips. So if you want to "take one shot" at a $1,500 entry fee tourney, then you play a $150 SNG or something like that.

People get too caught up in the term "satellite," but I will say this. Those SNGs were soft as hell at the event I was at.

McMelchior
06-18-2006, 12:48 AM
From last year:

They ran $65, $125, $240, $550 & $1,080 (or close to) 10 player SnGs around the clock (except when they were spreading supers). Fewest $65, whereas the $1,080 would go off as soon as 10 players were on the list. No registration, you just pay at the table.

Additionally there were $225 super sats with $200 rebuys every evening, and also a few $225 non-rebuy super sats.

All SnG winners were paid in $500 lammers, one for the $65 Sng, 2 for the $125 etc, and the supers all paid $10,000 vouchers - transferable if you won more than one or could show a buy-in receipt for ME.

And yes, the SnGs were soft, but of course there was a good spread in the skill level and it all pretty much came down to which one you got into.