PDA

View Full Version : Absolute keeps giving me money

Blowup Doll
06-16-2006, 02:29 PM
It seems like every few days, they put $10 in my account. I'm up to $60 now. I haven't played there in awhile, so i guess they want me to come back. How many hands should i play before cashing it out or will they even notice?

kiddj
06-16-2006, 03:59 PM

midwestkc
06-16-2006, 04:04 PM
42 isn't enough...make it a nice round 50..or enter a $50 Tourney, and try to get a big score, then cash out.

ilovebadbeats
06-16-2006, 04:05 PM
I've gotten a few of the "Free" $10 e-mails...

I didn't realize they are "cumulative" (i.e., the free $10. keep stacking/building up...Do they?).

What you should do is go right to the BlackJack table and bet it all on 1 hand - if you win, you get a free $120. you can cash-out, if you lose you lost nothing!

BTW Absolute has like 0 limit ring games going anymore...(from $2/4 to $5/10)
The site seems like it's dying...

Ainex
06-16-2006, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've gotten a few of the "Free" $10 e-mails...

I didn't realize they are "cumulative" (i.e., the free $10. keep stacking/building up...Do they?).

[/ QUOTE ]

What a fool I am to be taking my free $10 to the 50 dollar NL buyin tables and pushing every hand. If I'd known they stacked I'd have just waited.

DuderinoAB
06-16-2006, 06:20 PM
You're a fool for not playing at a limit where you could have a full bankroll with that money. If you can play higher, then you should just deposit and do so...you'd make more of a bonus that way anyways.

BigBadBabar
06-16-2006, 06:26 PM
The reason they give these out is that the site (for limit at least) is tight and short on tables to the point of not being tolerable, so people clear the initial bonus and leave. even with rakeback plus permanent bonus basically, i can't stand it for forever, so i move around sites. There's not much of a point for taking $290, putting it in, and playing a bit then taking out the $10 bonus.

BBB

jupiterpig
06-16-2006, 06:35 PM
they gave me $5 the other day so i played a little and got into a torunment and won and won a few more and cashed out $52...hell ill take it

LinusKS
06-17-2006, 12:48 AM
I don't understand why Absolute is not more popular than it is. I'm sure the folks who own the site are scratching their heads, too.

Spleen
06-17-2006, 01:28 AM
I donked mine off in a maniacal $10nl game.

hhughes
06-17-2006, 01:43 AM
If they would go back to the old rake system they had in place I bet the folks who left would come back.

They are now getting no new customers...

Ainex
06-17-2006, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're a fool for not playing at a limit where you could have a full bankroll with that money. If you can play higher, then you should just deposit and do so...you'd make more of a bonus that way anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to be under the false impression that I care about $10. To even bother seriously playing with it I'd have to deposit and it's just so much easier to give the $10 to the fishies.

MikeSmith
06-17-2006, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why Absolute is not more popular than it is. I'm sure the folks who own the site are scratching their heads, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have yet to see a tv commercial for them, plus their software is obv not decent but other than that its a pretty solid site.

Prodigy
06-17-2006, 02:53 AM
i got $10 a over a month ago and didn't even bother to use it. I withdrew from absolute and had $10 and some change. I checked today, and they took the $10 away. Is this just me?

scorer
06-17-2006, 04:21 AM
gotta love absolute..marc seif is there pro..cough also is the president/owner..conflict of interest??

MicroBob
06-17-2006, 06:52 AM
I've seen TV spots for AP.net

Saw one just the other night on NBC during the Stanley Cup.

celiboy
06-17-2006, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
gotta love absolute..marc seif is there pro..cough also is the president/owner..conflict of interest??

[/ QUOTE ]

They just signed Michael Mizrachi to a larage contract. Saw him playing 75/150 a few days ago as well. For those saying they should go back to the old rake system, that is not feasible I imagine as they were likely losing their shirts based on the old clearing requirements

hhughes
06-17-2006, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They just signed Michael Mizrachi to a larage contract. Saw him playing 75/150 a few days ago as well. For those saying they should go back to the old rake system, that is not feasible I imagine as they were likely losing their shirts based on the old clearing requirements

[/ QUOTE ]

Your probably right...how about giving a fraction of a point sorta like the Cryptos? 1/4 for 25 cents rake, 1/2 for 40 cents rake, etc...

Again, I think this might be a way for Absolute to bring folks back, though I'm not counting on this happening...