PDA

View Full Version : Happened Twice in Session

Guyon
01-17-2006, 05:54 AM
This particular play happened twice against me by the same guy. Very [censored] frustrating. Any advice...I'm to tilted to think logically for the next 10 minutes or so.

Player reads: The villian (Seat 6) is way too loose to be a winner, mostly a caller. His bets usually come late in the hand and are occasionally donkish.

The ubervillian (Seat 7) is aggressive, not especially laggish, but seems to overplay and bluff a little often.
Additionally, his demeanor is prickish.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

Seat 1: $506
Seat 2: $500
Hero: $254
Seat 5: $1.446.50
Seat 6: $505
Seat 7: $434.50
Seat 8: $412.50

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: J/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes
Seat 8: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.70 SB)

Hero: J/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

5th Street - (3.35 BB)

Hero: J/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

6th Street - (6.35 BB)

Hero: J/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises

River - (10.35 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks

Total pot: (10.35 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $204 | Rake: $3

<font color="white">Seat 6: [ As 9c 9h 8s 2c 2s Ac ] [ two pairs, aces and nines -- As,Ac,9c,9h,8s ]

Seat 7: [ Qc Qd 5s Ts 3s Ah 9d ] [ a pair of queens -- Ah,Qc,Qd,Ts,9d] </font>

Hand # 2
7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

Seat 1: $536
Seat 2: $564
Hero: $344
Seat 5: $1.280.50
Seat 6: $714
Seat 7: $268.50
Seat 8: $326

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

4th Street - (1.90 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___folds
Hero: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___raises

5th Street - (5.95 BB)

Hero: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

6th Street - (8.95 BB)

Hero: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

River - (11.95 BB)

Hero: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___bets___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___raises

Total pot: (12.95 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $296 | Rake: $3

Seat 7: [ XX XX 2c 7c Kh 8s XX ]cb101 balance $325, lost $1 (folded) [ XX XX 7h ]

Obviously, this guy knows how to use the squeeze play as a valuable weapon. My seat position is horrible, because it allowed him to use it effectively (I believe). Anyway, I'm not sure how much I should be flaming me after this debacle. Fire up.

MRBAA
01-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Okay, these are two very different plays. In hand one, yeah he put the squeeze on figuring his chances of winning the pot go up enough against the donk to make it worth putting in an extra bet to ko you. You simply can't fold here, I don't know what to tell you otherwise. Maybe he has a better flush, but you just need to grit your teeth and hope for a club on the river.

In the second case, he seems likely to have a flush draw -- note the sxith street check. When he raises into you and the Donk (who he has to think will call) it likely means he made his flush. Unless you think he is very, very LAG -- or playing in collusion with the donk -- chances are you made a good laydown.

Guyon
01-17-2006, 07:08 PM
I felt good about the second lay down (meaning that I was likely beat), but the previous fold made this one more bothersome.

I was upset about the first fold b/c I knew I probably shouldn't have, but the combination of the donk hand (with the paired board, likely two pair &amp; house redraw and the chance of a reraise if i call) plus the raiser's hand (possible bigger spade flush w/ live spades) plus the fact that I could not win the hand if I miss the flush but make a pair. That caused me to choose fold, but I'm still not sure which choice would be better without knowing the outcome of the hand.